Lord of the Rings TV show renewed for second season

Hanno Labuschagne

Expert Member
Staff member

SoldierMan

Expert Member
Psyched for this.

There's potential that we could see many well known faces as well, certainly the elves, but wizards and the Dunadan also lived long lives.

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
Are they generating hype for Season 1 by green lighting Season 2? Hopefully it won't be drawn out like LoTR.

Jopie Fourie

Expert Member
Don't think production or filming has started as yet. Since the announcement back in 2017 they had 2 years, according to the agreement to start production. So, I suspect we will not see this air within the next 1-2 years, at least. By the way, I see they planned a 20-episode first season.

SoldierMan

Expert Member
Are they generating hype for Season 1 by green lighting Season 2? Hopefully it won't be drawn out like LoTR.
LOL I take it you liked the theatrical release over the extended version. There's just no comparison, the EV is so much more superior.

Okty

Expert Member
Hopefully there will be 1080p episodes available on the digital seven seas!

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
If someone doesn't post Theoden's "So it begins" gif when season 1 starts, I'll be very disappointed...

Daruk

Honorary Master
I'd much rather see them take on new stuff.

The movies served the story well. - big shoes to fill.
It's easier to ride on coat tails than be original. My gripe is they are now going to destroy the books. Why not create a series based on other Tolkien books? The Silmarillion?

Mars

Honorary Master
erm.. have you read the books? Drawn out is kinda LOTR's signature move. Its as much about the setting as it is about the story. Maybe a readers digest condensed novel mat suit you better?

elenaaustin87

Usually the case. But then they announce season 2 "renewal" to make it seem like it's already well-received, thus making people more likely to watch S1. Seriously they do this all the time

VooDooC

Expert Member
It's easier to ride on coat tails than be original. My gripe is they are now going to destroy the books. Why not create a series based on other Tolkien books? The Silmarillion?
As far as I'm aware they're not going to do the Lord of the Rings trilogy but the age before that, the age of Numenor 3000 years before the fellowship of the ring.