L'Oreal to remove words like 'whitening' from products

Defiler

His company, Black Like Me, was launched on Valentine’s Day in 1985 with a R30,000 loan from his friend, businessman Walter Dube.
I take my hat off to Herman Mashaba.
I thought it was someone political, just couldn't remember who it was!

And that's without BBBBEEEEE etc, etc.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
The more change, the bigger the expectation. No company wants to be dragged through social media when under social pressure.

Several companies -- including L'Oreal -- have been criticised recently for skin-lightening products after the global rise of the Black Lives Matter movement following the police killing in the US of African-American George Floyd last month.
Everything has already collapsed, it is now dominoes.

I would like to hear the black perspective, why are these products racist when there is demand?

Brenden_E

Executive Member
If what I'm reading here daily is anything to go by...

I'm glad we live in the modern world, where lives aren't in the hands of the clergy, the monarchy and their conservative councils.
Well of course today is better than during the dark ages. That's completely irrelevant to this groupthink madness taking over. It's so unbelievable I would not have believed it if someone told me this 10 years ago.

A white person can't voice a fictional black character. A cream can't say white. If you say it's OK to be white it's considered racist. *Everything* is under the microscope of race even if it's not even remotely related. There's a horde of vapid, brainless white girls in America fed on a diet of social media, that hasn't faced an ounce of hardship their entire lives preaching to everyone how they should act. And here's the whackiest thing, people are actually listening to them! We might be heading for the bad ending XD

Last edited:

Sollie

Executive Member
If what I'm reading here daily is anything to go by...

I'm glad we live in the modern world, where lives aren't in the hands of the clergy, the monarchy and their conservative councils.
But soon it will be a sin to be a blonde, that's when the kuk will start ...

Atm this is beyond ridiculous. It implies a decision was made for the people that may want these products, on their behalf, by the perpetually offended clan.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Hey bro, jik doesn't judge, it just removes oxygen. Lighter skin? Darker skin, tanned or pale, it's all a money making racket.

That goffel in the corner of the office is not suddenly going to turn into Tyra Banks with a little bit of selftan or skin bleaching polyfilla.

Rather stop drinking wine, beer or spirits (and bread) and start drinking water.
What is a 'goffel'?

phoneJunky

Executive Member
What is a 'goffel'?
He should probably not use that word

But, I would say it is a really offensive slang word describing a woman that does not meet your beauty standard (which I also think was used in the quoted text). I didn't know ethnicity had anything to do with it, but the word is always used in a demeaning manner.

noxibox

Honorary Master
So L’Oréal and Unilever are just removing the words but still selling the products. That’s an empty gesture. At least Johnson & Johnson are discontinuing the products.
I think keeping them on the market is the right move. If people stop trying to be white then the products will naturally disappear.

wbot

Expert Member
I still don't know what they're gonna call skin lightening creams now. I'm just gonna boycott them all and use Supreme White from now on for all my superior whitening needs

Lucas Buck

Expert Member
Woman watch out they'll soon be coming for your products, wigs that imitate straight hair, fake eyelashes, fake nails, fake orgasms, fake breasts, hair extensions, hair removal products... Look to social media for updates.

xeslaro

Executive Member
Woman watch out they'll soon be coming for your products, wigs that imitate straight hair, fake eyelashes, fake nails, fake orgasms, fake breasts, hair extensions, hair removal products... Look to social media for updates.
Aah, Natural beauty.

Women think they competing in an attractive race for the best male. They actually wasting money in a beauty contest against each other, for acceptance and to avoid reproach. Many men prefer and appreciate the natural beauty of women.

Magnum

Expert Member
This is so confusing. To be PC now, Do we have to shoot them with White or black bullets???