Love and Hell (or the bad place you believe in)

hoegh

Expert Member
Howdy folks

Whilst sitting doing one of my DIY projects I had a thought and Im going to throw this one out to the people.

Say you love somebody, like truly love them and could not go on without them, they are your soulmate and all that jazz.

Now say that person you love is a really bad/evil person and (according to what ever religon you believe in) they will go to the bad place/hell/telkom call centre.

You now expire and as with most you are going to the good place/heaven, and they always state that in heaven you will be complete and will be forever happy etc etc. If the person you loved is not there how can you be truly happy in heaven? Does this mean that the person who is evil, if truly loved, by someone would go to heaven because without them the good person would not be able to have a happy after life?

Its a strange question that I just can't seem to answer and thought it would make a good debate.

slowcheetah

Expert Member
They will be split up. The bad one will go to hell, where Frank Zappa lives, and the good one will go to heaven, where Kent Hovind lives.

hoegh

Expert Member
They will be split up. The bad one will go to hell, where Frank Zappa lives, and the good one will go to heaven, where Kent Hovind lives.
but how can it be heaven without the one whom you love there?

DJ...

Banned
but how can it be heaven without the one whom you love there?
I don't think you're going to find a satisfactory answer to your question, apart from "neither exist". Unless of course one uses the argument that knowing your partner is evil and promoting their actions/not doing anything about it makes you just as evil/guilty - in which case you both go to "the bad place"...

Negate

If your partner is evil are you also not evil for loving him/her. So perhaps in the end you will end up in the same place for eternity. Or maybe there is no evil or good, heaven or hell, or black and white. Just everything in between.

Last edited:

nihilist

Expert Member
I think you'd be iny our own personal hell, if you were a devout xtian and your partner was agnostic/athiest/somethingelse.

Assuming biblical(or otherwise) teachings are true, that's a pretty grim notion.

Some xtian teachings say that you will be seperated from all your previous earthly ties, ie: relationships, pelasures etc; that I also find disturbing.

But what you should ask yourself is: Is hell a fitting punishment for someone who is a good person, a good agnostic/atheist/buddhist/whatever? I find the very concept that just because you haven't experience this 'god' concept, that he would permit you to burn/be tortured for an eternity utterly disgusting to the highest order and even if I did believe in god, I'd have no part of.

It's a jaded, man-made concept imo.

Last edited: