Love Island SA lambasted after premiere (no prizes for guessing why)

Rubberpigg

Expert Member
Love Island UK is the most popular show in the millennial age group (16-34).
It is one of the few programmes this age group will actually watch on broadcast TV.

Demographics

Unsurprisingly age is the dominant factor, with the Love Island audience tending to be much younger.
In fact, as many as 43% of those watching Love Island are under the age of 30, and another 25% are in their thirties

Attitudes

Physical appearance is much more important to Love Island viewers than the public at large.
Full three quarters (75%) agree with the statement “it is important for me to look physically attractive”, compared to half (52%) of all Britons.
They are also much more likely to say “I use beauty products to make myself look better” at 69% vs 46%.

They are far more likely than the rest of the nation to say they are interested in the topics of ‘people and celebrities’ (54% vs 24%), ‘beauty’ (40% vs 18%), and ‘sex and relationships’ (42% vs 24%).
They are also more than twice as likely to say they read celebrity/gossip magazines (48% vs 22%).

Technology

Love Island watchers are substantially more likely to own an Apple smartphone, at 59% compared to 36% of the general population.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/enterta...19/07/29/what-kind-person-watches-love-island

abzob

Honorary Master
Love Island UK is the most popular show in the millennial age group (16-34).
It is one of the few programmes this age group will actually watch on broadcast TV.

Demographics

Unsurprisingly age is the dominant factor, with the Love Island audience tending to be much younger.
In fact, as many as 43% of those watching Love Island are under the age of 30, and another 25% are in their thirties

Attitudes

Physical appearance is much more important to Love Island viewers than the public at large.
Full three quarters (75%) agree with the statement “it is important for me to look physically attractive”, compared to half (52%) of all Britons.
They are also much more likely to say “I use beauty products to make myself look better” at 69% vs 46%.

They are far more likely than the rest of the nation to say they are interested in the topics of ‘people and celebrities’ (54% vs 24%), ‘beauty’ (40% vs 18%), and ‘sex and relationships’ (42% vs 24%).
They are also more than twice as likely to say they read celebrity/gossip magazines (48% vs 22%).

Technology

Love Island watchers are substantially more likely to own an Apple smartphone, at 59% compared to 36% of the general population.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/enterta...19/07/29/what-kind-person-watches-love-island
I've been looking forward to this show and now I know why, I fit the target demographic as perfectly as I do my skinny jeans.

JohnStarr

Expert Member
No, no one said they did, but in typical reactionary style they feel p0es sorry for themselves because of something in the (bloody nonsense tabloid) news.
I think us whiteys are more sorry for the people who actually watch this tripe. Not because of the loud noise made around a non-event.
The more you watch this, the more series they make. Empowering people to continually make trash and nothing of quality (which we can, but hell this is much easier to pump out, right?)...

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
No, no one said they did, but in typical reactionary style they feel p0es sorry for themselves because of something in the (bloody nonsense tabloid) news.
It's POC that complained about the lack of diversity...so THEY ...and you...feel p0es sorry for yourselves.

But then the trick is to try and flip it onto Whitey when we comment....but luckily your racist sad sack antics have become so desperate and laughable, that it is easy to see right through it.

abzob

Honorary Master
It's POC that complained about the lack of diversity...so THEY ...and you...feel p0es sorry for yourselves.

But then the trick is to try and flip it onto Whitey when we comment....but luckily your racist sad sack antics have become so desperate and laughable, that it is easy to see right through it.

Why would slinkymike feel sorry for himself about this?

JohnStarr

Expert Member
Why would slinkymike feel sorry for himself about this?
He probably realises he has been outed as someone who watches this drivel. I'd also feel sorry about myself. No coming back from this, and I used to watch Survivor.

*SynergyX*

Expert Member
lol 2 things -- where's the charou from Durban, these ornjas like the spice

and 2 -- if you dont like it dont watch :ROFL:

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
I think us whiteys are more sorry for the people who actually watch this tripe. Not because of the loud noise made around a non-event.
The more you watch this, the more series they make. Empowering people to continually make trash and nothing of quality (which we can, but hell this is much easier to pump out, right?)...
The only thing worse than this series is this pathetic thread.

Flywheel

Honorary Master
You could start with a show that is representative but you would also need BEE to ensure it remains representative. If you ended up with the final few weeks featuring only two white contestants then it would no longer be representative. You need to ensure the show is also rigged so that it is uncompetitive and therefore remains representative. Such a complex web we weave..