Love Island SA lambasted after premiere (no prizes for guessing why)

Lucas Buck

Executive Member

Thimna is a massage therapist and her love language is physical touch....Thimna has my vote

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I wonder whether the white contestants have been told that the shows requires them to be less white like it would be also more likely now to be voted out?

Lucas Buck

Executive Member

Sarah is looking for a man who is emotionally unavailable. I see nothing but trouble ahead.

wbot

Expert Member
I have to ask, who are M-Net's social demographic target market? The last time I committed time to watch reality TV was with Survivor season 1.
Almost all local reality shows on mnet have majority white contestants so I guess there's your answer. All Survivor seasons, MKR, Bachelor 1+2 are majority white. Even the current season of Bachelorette

TBFSA1_Ep2-5624-scaled-e1614000486827.jpg

Other channels cater to a black target audience but not channels like mnet or kyknet etc.

These things happen every time

JohnStarr

Expert Member
Would that this keyboard were a time keyboard my friend.
That makes zero sense...yet you're still on the same forum topic you moaned about.

Irony (A noun): a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often wryly amusing as a result.

That is you...

Reactions: Ykv

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Almost all local reality shows on mnet have majority white contestants so I guess there's your answer. All Survivor seasons, MKR, Bachelor 1+2 are majority white. Even the current season of Bachelorette

TBFSA1_Ep2-5624-scaled-e1614000486827.jpg

Other channels cater to a black target audience but not channels like mnet or kyknet etc.

These things happen every time

Well... then,

"He also had to be a match for each of the 25 ladies from different cultures and backgrounds who he will woo – and be wooed by – in the Bachelor mansion. We based our final decision based on what the diverse group of shortlisted ladies described as their prince charming," Lani said.

She said M-Net was confident viewers would fall in love with Lee as soon as they saw him in action, but admitted that it was anticipating a number of reactions, including racial debates.

"These type of conversations are a reflection of the society we live in and not an indication of M-Net’s values and beliefs," Lani added.

and now,

EveqSiWWgAUNMLs

no debate.

rietrot

Honorary Master
I have to ask, who are M-Net's social demographic target market? The last time I committed time to watch reality TV was with Survivor season 1.

I see the votes are public cast, why then the outrage when you can vote them out?

It is an odd world where everything now in existence must be diverse where it is the court in public who decides what is right and what is wrong. Then it must be instituted, any product must be demographically represented because that is what the people want, right?
Survivor was American. The last time I watched South African reality tv was Big brother 1.

That was slightly amusing maybe just because it was a new concept for me at the time, but the next seasons that had more diversity didn't seem to be as exciting.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Survivor SA is on mnet.

Latest upcoming season was shot at the exotic Wild Coast because of covid haha
I forgot that was even a thing. I've never watched any survivor SA.

Cray

Honorary Master
To be fair, this is the most interesting thing that could have happened to this show... I can't imagine anything about the content of the show itself could generate this many posts..