Lowest uncapped ADSL prices ever in South Africa

Debeer165

Expert Member
Hot damn. 10mbps at 375? wow okay that I can live with.

Now I'm just wondering why the bundle (including line) at Axxess costs 899 a month, but separately it should work out to 734.

DeathStrike

Expert Member
How is axxess on the throttling and shaping side of things? I am still with mweb on 2mbps. And if they are not auto upgrading me to 4mbps I am thinking it is time to jump ship . already gave them a chance last time.

modern10

Expert Member
How is axxess on the throttling and shaping side of things? I am still with mweb on 2mbps. And if they are not auto upgrading me to 4mbps I am thinking it is time to jump ship . already gave them a chance last time.
One too many "last chance"

rrcatto

Anyone still with Mweb is a sucker. They are the worst ISP. I recommend Afrihost.

Zuner

Expert Member
Anyone know if afrihost plans on dropping their prices too? i'd love to upgrade too but i wanna stay with afri.

diabolus

Executive Member
Anyone know if afrihost plans on dropping their prices too? i'd love to upgrade too but i wanna stay with afri.
Afrihost is already struggling with capacity, so i can't see why they would want to drop their prices right now. I mean their regular uncapped product is constantly shaped due to network congestion (especially weekends as of late) , so i would think maybe they want to ease off on trying to get the entire SA on their network.... just my 2c .

Alot of people, including myself are considering/already did upgrading to their business uncapped just to get out of the amount of shaping they're applying. That is a R200 p/m extra , but with all this price dropping i fear even that might become a shaped/throttled product at this rate.

At some point you don't want just "cheap" , you want something that actually works full speed all the time too.

So i'm surprised after the whole Mweb throttling fiasco, people are not more picky about this. I would gladly pay more (within reason of course ) for a more consistent and stable connection .

Last edited:

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
Pity its axxess, after my last experiences with them I wouldnt go anywhere near those packages.

11masoodt

Pity its axxess, after my last experiences with them I wouldnt go anywhere near those packages.
+1. Their management policy is way too strict, did 30gb's in 2 weeks at one point and was managed for the rest of the month

Zyzzyva

Executive Member
Afrihost is already struggling with capacity, so i can't see why they would want to drop their prices right now. I mean their regular uncapped product is constantly shaped due to network congestion (especially weekends as of late) , so i would think maybe they want to ease off on trying to get the entire SA on their network.... just my 2c .

Alot of people, including myself are considering/already did upgrading to their business uncapped just to get out of the amount of shaping they're applying. That is a R200 p/m extra , but with all this price dropping i fear even that might become a shaped/throttled product at this rate.

At some point you don't want just "cheap" , you want something that actually works full speed all the time too.

So i'm surprised after the whole Mweb throttling fiasco, people are not more picky about this. I would gladly pay more (within reason of course ) for a more consistent and stable connection .
The line speed upgrades are effectively a line rental price drop, atleast in terms of their bundle pricing. They could drop the price of the 4Mbps bundle package by R100 from R699 to R599 and it wouldn't change their profit margins in the slightest.

So expect a price drop... :)

whatwhat

Executive Member
Anyone still with Mweb is a sucker. They are the worst ISP. I recommend Afrihost.
lol no. Afrihost home uncapped is terrible with the shaping they putting on it at the moment. Either go business with Afrihost or use another account.

As much as we love to hate on Mweb for showing their true colours again, Afrihost shows those same colours on a regular basis too on their home products.

Spyk3r

Expert Member
Recommending the most expensive ISP on the list... you must work for Afrihost.
You must be a chop...

Up until recently (2 months or so) Afrihost was the cheapest... Now every one has dropped their prices below what was industry leading....

Maybe if you were more involved in whats happening in the ISP industry, your comment would be more valid...

Executive Member
You must be a chop...

Up until recently (2 months or so) Afrihost was the cheapest... Now every one has dropped their prices below what was industry leading....

Maybe if you were more involved in whats happening in the ISP industry, your comment would be more valid...
Maybe if you actually kept up with the most recent info, you'd see Afrihost is the most expensive on the list. Try to keep up with whats happening in the ISP industry and not news thats 2 months old.

memphis32

Why is people going on about this...? It's price dropping, and why would Afrihost not drop their prices? I do know that they will adjust their pricing, as I've discussed this with their techies some time ago... It's guaranteed, so not to worry... Any who says their bundle prices won't drop even further? I'm still paying R375 for 50GB and 2mb line in a bundle... So I'm not complaining in the slightest bit...

roguemat

Expert Member
Where are the 20Mb/s prices?
Found out the other day that my line is capable (currently on 10) so really want to try this out.

SYNERGY

Executive Member

This. Mweb hasn't throttled me and speeds are fine. I average about 300GB p/m 4MB package.