LTE Router less than cost from PoyntingDirect - Contact ivy.matlawa@poynting.co.za

YHF

Hi

We are selling out old stock of ZTE routers for less than cost.

Why are we selling them for next to nothing?

1. According to feedback from customers the interface is not very user friendly - but that should not be a problem for MyBB readers:).
2. They do NOT work on Telkom.

Please note - no returns and no technical support on these.

Description:
ZTE MF253 4G LTE Wireless Gateway
Works with VODACOM, Cell C and MTN.
Does NOT work with TELKOM.
One LAN port and telephone port.
USB slot
Only R499 while stocks last

I found them online for R1965 – R3600.
We now have 9 in stock
Contact ivy.matlawa@poynting.co.za
Only R499 while stocks last.

Last edited:

Solitude

Executive Member
That's a great price! Unfortunately the current LTE modem I have also doesn't support Telkom. So if I get a new one then it will have to do that. Still, for people wanting an LTE router this is a steal.

YHF

HI All
I checked and there are 10 ZTE-MF253 left. I forgot to mention that the stock is at the Samrand branch.

YHF

Hi All - please note that all these units have sold out.
Thanks

theHED

I know they are all sold... but do you know why they do not work on Telkom. Just so happens I have one and have been trying to get it working for a while now.

YHF

According to what I could find out the units we had was imported a while ago. At that stage TELKOM did not have LTE rolled out on 2.3 - 2.4 GHz. The firmware was not written to support those frequencies. ZTE said that there might be a firmware upgrade, but we could not confirm that it was available.

sajunky

Honorary Master
My search gives results:
FDD LTE band 4 (AWS - North America) can be swapped for band 3 (1800MHz - Vodacom/MTN/CellC)
TDD LTE band 38 (2600MHz) can be swapped for band 40 (2300MHz - Telkom)
Some other frequency swapping is possible, but this our interest.

Trying also to find out how to query available bands, telnet is disabled.
What is purpose of USB connector? Some say it is diagnostic port, but I think that mass storage simply didn't work, so any traces had been removed from manual.