LTE SmartBroadband Uncapped wireless and FreeSim - Telkom confusion

Dreamer

LTE SmartBroadband Uncapped wireless and MultiSim - Telkom confusion

I wanted to get the MultiSim for my LTE contract so i contacted Telkom on Friday using the Online chat functionality from their website to confirm if this is possible before i go into the store.
I chatted to Mpho Kgotlelelo and she assured me that i would get a MultiSim. (Chat session attached)
On Saturday i went into the store only to be told that i have the uncapped contract which cannot get a MultiSim. When asked what Uncapped has to do with it, i was told that they don't give out MultiSim for the uncapped contracts because they would loose money ... what utter nonsense.
Telkom really need to get their act together, as every time i have to deal them i have issues with people giving out wrong / contradicting information. How can you have public facing staff that have no idea what they are talking about.
FreeSim Chat.jpg

Last edited:

dotcat

I wanted to get the FreeSim for my LTE contract so i contacted Telkom on Friday using the Online chat functionality from their website to confirm if this is possible before i go into the store.
I chatted to Mpho Kgotlelelo and she assured me that i would get a FreeSim. (Chat session attached)
On Saturday i went into the store only to be told that i have the uncapped contract which cannot get a FreeSim. When asked what Uncapped has to do with it, i was told that they don't give out FreeSim for the uncapped contracts because they would loose money ... what utter nonsense.
Telkom really need to get their act together, as every time i have to deal them i have issues with people giving out wrong / contradicting information. How can you have public facing staff that have no idea what they are talking about.
View attachment 411844
Thanks for testing this out. I wanted to double my speed with 2 routers and 2 sims but see its not possible.

rodga

Executive Member
From the beginning of was not possible to get a multi sim on these contracts.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
How can you have public facing staff that have no idea what they are talking about.
Sorry about your experiences.

First time dealing with businesses in SA? Front facing staff are often paid peanuts and you know what you get for those right?

Dreamer

wait? so i can i go into A Telkom direct store and ask for a free sim with LTE ? do i get free data?
It just allows 2 different devices to use the same data bundle on a single contract. This is not available on some contracts.

Dreamer

Sorry about your experiences.

First time dealing with businesses in SA? Front facing staff are often paid peanuts and you know what you get for those right?
Yip, people that don't give a **** as long as they get paid at the end of the month.