• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Two-Day Giveaway - Win a Google Chromecast, Branded Gear, and a Mystery Gadget. Enter Here.
  • Giveaway - Win a DiskStation DS918+ and Active Backup Suite from Synology. Enter Here.

Luno Support and Queries Thread

Sensorei

Expert Member
If you are needing help with a problem that you are having with Luno or need support or advice regarding their exchange or your Luno wallets. Please post your concerns here.

Lunomoney

Luno Representative
Great idea for a thread :)
I'm happy to jump in when I can, however I don't have a lot of time every day to check on posts just yet.

The best way to get official answers from us is to use our Support system.

Any account or security related issues need to be posed to Luno staff directly. DO NOT post sensitive info in this thread.

Before logging a ticket with us or posted here, please take a read through these pages first :)

https://www.luno.com/help/
https://www.luno.com/learn/
https://www.luno.com/en/countries

Lunomoney

Luno Representative
Posted this in the Bitcoin thread, think it applies here too.

Lunomoney said:
I think what you mean is 'we don't for client support'
IMO an integrated 'chat' feature on the site or telegram/whatsapp won't go down too badly.
I don't think that's the case at all.
We've always strived to provide outstanding support, and it's a huge focus of ours this quarter.

In short, no one could have foreseen this unprecedented growth. For the Community Team specifically, we've got3 new starts joining on 1 December and we're continuing to hire throughout December and have good forecasting set out for 2018. This goes for all the teams too.

We'd love to offer phone and live chat support, we simply don't have the resources to run something like this yet.

I'm really sorry that you aren't getting the best possible experience with us. The current price rally has created a huge influx of tickets, new load on our systems and new sign-ups. It's been a crazy week. And I can assure you, Luno isn't alone in seeing this kind of growth.

Last edited:

kallie_marie

Regarding your terms & conditions:

Luno will not be liable for any losses due to the system or service becoming unavailable
In the unlikely event that the Luno platform crashes permanently due to hacking or that the Luno team decides to cut their losses and exit the market, what will happen to the balances on our wallets?

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Down here for a few minutes so far as well. I've been logged out automatically as well and can't get back in.

Mier

Expert Member
Eish...

LUNO, you need to do something, or you're going to lose your customers. This is people's MONEY you're playing with. It's not acceptable to just restore the service, there are lost trading opportunities. You need a permanent fix. You didn't complain about "too few resources" when you expanded into Europe.

Tim_vb

Its not registered with the reserve bank as a deposit taking institution - you are on your own

Regarding your terms & conditions:

In the unlikely event that the Luno platform crashes permanently due to hacking or that the Luno team decides to cut their losses and exit the market, what will happen to the balances on our wallets?

saor

Honorary Master
ZAR or BTC balances?

In the first cast luno aren't (afaik) insured against losses the way banks are. If there's a hack and your funds are stolen - luno (or any other exchange) have no obligation to get that money back for you, unlike a bank which does have that obligation.

As for BTC: When you store bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency on an exchange you don't own it. The exchange gives you access to those assets and everyone pretends like it's yours - but without ownership of private keys all that bitcoin belongs to the exchange and yet again - they have no legal obligation to return than bitcoin to you in the even of a catastrophe.

I don't think there's a single crypto exchange anywhere in the world that's regulated in a way that would require it provide such insurance against losses.

Last edited:

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
What the hell Luno? I cancelled some buy orders a couple minutes ago and have refreshed my screen maybe 50 times but my cash is not showing up on the exchange to buy. I've lost out on a chance to buy in and I still can't place any orders because my balance is not showing.

Edit: It's been about 5 minutes and I still can't buy because my ZAR balance is still zero. You've just cost me thousands of rands in opportunity cost and I don't even know where my funds are.

Last edited:

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Managed to place and order and wanted to change it. ZAR balance gone for 10 minutes so far again.

Edit: If I cancel an order it takes at least 10 minutes for the cash to show up so that I can place another. Is this the measures Luno are taking to reduce strain on their servers? i.e. only allowed to cancel and replace order once every 10 minutes?

Last edited:
Hi Luno, I am having trouble logging into my account.

I have been using 2 factor authentication, but the code didnt work many times, not sure whether my phone's time was not syncing. I only saw you could change the time syncing on/off after my account had been locked :(

I tried to log in many times and it kept not accepting the 2FA code and now my account is locked.

How do I reset 2FA? I clicked the reset 2FA button, but it just takes me to the login page.

Pls help, I have also submitted a ticket and I have gone through luno's help page in detail.

I have also posted the query below into the new luno support thread.

Pls help Luno :)

Original post:

I have been using 2 factor authentication, but the code didnt work many times, not sure whether my phone's time was not syncing. I only saw you could change the time syncing on/off after my account had been locked

I tried to log in many times and it kept not accepting the 2FA code and now my account is locked.

How do I reset 2FA? I clicked the reset 2FA button, but it just takes me to the login page.

Pls help, I have also submitted a ticket and I have gone through luno's help page in detail.

ck1

I have been using 2 factor authentication, but the code didnt work many times, not sure whether my phone's time was not syncing. I only saw you could change the time syncing on/off after my account had been locked :(

It's usually a temporary lock, try again after 30 mins

The_Mowgs

Executive Member

Original post:

I have been using 2 factor authentication, but the code didnt work many times, not sure whether my phone's time was not syncing. I only saw you could change the time syncing on/off after my account had been locked

From the Luno app or website? If in the app open a support query, they will send you a mail to reset but if I remember correctly your account will be locked for 24 hours.

weelzSA

Expert Member

Original post:

I ya e this exact same problem. Can only access on my phone as it’s still logged in.

When trying to login on pc, it’s asks for authentication so I open google Authenticator and insert the 6 digit code but says it is incorrect.

You get this sorted yet?