Luno Support and Queries Thread

irond13

Hi!

does anyone know how Luno handles Rand value rounding?

Rand wallet values only display to 2 decimals yet trade values go to 6. Do wallet balances actually maintain the cumulative effect of trades to 6 decimal places?

Also, can it be confirmed that float arithmetic is *not* used to apply trade deltas to Rand balances? From time to time, I observe differences between my own local application of value deltas to that reflected in the wallet (the issue could be on my side though).

Thanks!

Swa

Honorary Master
Hi!

does anyone know how Luno handles Rand value rounding?

Rand wallet values only display to 2 decimals yet trade values go to 6. Do wallet balances actually maintain the cumulative effect of trades to 6 decimal places?

Also, can it be confirmed that float arithmetic is *not* used to apply trade deltas to Rand balances? From time to time, I observe differences between my own local application of value deltas to that reflected in the wallet (the issue could be on my side though).

Thanks!
Not sure what you mean. Bitcoin values are up to 6 places or 100 Satoshi but only whole Rand values are traded.

irond13

Not sure what you mean. Bitcoin values are up to 6 places or 100 Satoshi but only whole Rand values are traded.
For example, a recent trade on the exchange was for BTC 0.001463 at R171066/BTC. That works out to a rand value of R250.269558.

So, theoretically, the rand wallet value should increase (or decrease) by R250.269558

Swa

Honorary Master
For example, a recent trade on the exchange was for BTC 0.001463 at R171066/BTC. That works out to a rand value of R250.269558.

So, theoretically, the rand wallet value should increase (or decrease) by R250.269558
I believe it would be R250.27.

irond13

I believe it would be R250.27.
I would guess that's what it would be in this case, if they're rounding to 2 decimals. There are a whole host of rounding algorithms they could be using, though - regardless of choice of decimal position.

In the event that they are doing any rounding, then someone is losing out. A minuscule amount in this case, but it could be a non-trivial sum over time.

Lunomoney

Luno Representative

Lunomoney

Luno Representative
Thanks for sharing this.

In order to investigate further, we have forwarded this on the phishing@luno.com.

For other phishing attempts, you might get, please forward them on directly too.

Temujin

Honorary Master
Just got an email

Dear Customer

A full refund of 1.0488BTC has been sent to your wallet,

if the funds are not in already please CLICK HERE to receive BTC.

Thanks,
Team Luno

So kind of you Luno, I'll withdraw it immediatly:giggle:

*yes, its phishing

Swa

Honorary Master
So they've just forced the new interface on us and it's a nightmare. I can't find my trading volume anywhere.

Lunomoney

Luno Representative
So they've just forced the new interface on us and it's a nightmare. I can't find my trading volume anywhere.

We're sorry to hear so.

We'd really like to take a closer look in order to understand exactly why you haven't enjoyed the new interface and how we can improve accordingly.

Could you provide some further details here?

We'll be sure to forward them on to our product team accordingly.

Swa

Honorary Master
We're sorry to hear so.

We'd really like to take a closer look in order to understand exactly why you haven't enjoyed the new interface and how we can improve accordingly.

Could you provide some further details here?

We'll be sure to forward them on to our product team accordingly.
I just did. The trading volume is nowhere to be found. If it's somewhere it's well hidden. Not like the old interface that had everything accessible from the first page. This is also the second time my posts haven't been read properly.

PAYBACK

Expert Member
New LUNO iOS app sorry to say is a mare! Been using it for two years now and when you are so use to using it on daily basis such a drastic change impacts negatively. I gave up looking for a way to set alerts/notifications. I’m sure if you look at the stats you will see a drastic decline in customer interactions with app...or maybe that was the plan

blah99

Expert Member
New LUNO iOS app sorry to say is a mare! Been using it for two years now and when you are so use to using it on daily basis such a drastic change impacts negatively. I gave up looking for a way to set alerts/notifications. I’m sure if you look at the stats you will see a drastic decline in customer interactions with app...or maybe that was the plan
VALR are thanking them.

Hxx

@Lunomoney
Why do I get the following error trying to send eth to another eth address?

Ethereum address must contain uppercase and lowercase letters for safety (EIP55)