Luno Support and Queries Thread

Swa

Honorary Master
@Lunomoney
Why do I get the following error trying to send eth to another eth address?

Ethereum address must contain uppercase and lowercase letters for safety (EIP55)
Ethereum addresses don't have a format apart from the length and 0x prefix. As a safety mechanism some wallets will require it be formatted with upper- and lowercase letters as a checksum. For the Ethereum network there's no difference between the two.

You can convert the address by entering it in Etherscan

Hxx

Ethereum addresses don't have a format apart from the length and 0x prefix. As a safety mechanism some wallets will require it be formatted with upper- and lowercase letters as a checksum. For the Ethereum network there's no difference between the two.

You can convert the address by entering it in Etherscan

Thank you very much

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
So why do we get these Luno messages on our mobile devices, when neither I nor my wife have ever knowingly had anything to do with Luno?

"Dear Luno user: Your Luno bitcoin account has not yet been upgraded on our 2019 platform, blah, blah .......

to secure your BTC wallet.

Hxx

So why do we get these Luno messages on our mobile devices, when neither I nor my wife have ever knowingly had anything to do with Luno?

"Dear Luno user: Your Luno bitcoin account has not yet been upgraded on our 2019 platform, blah, blah .......

to secure your BTC wallet.
Phising attemps - block the numbers of the scammers!

The_David

Did you guys notice the Post-Only order tick box in the order screen? Not sure I entirely understand what that is.

IOPS

Did you guys notice the Post-Only order tick box in the order screen? Not sure I entirely understand what that is.

It's been around for a while, post-only orders force a maker order even if you enter a price that will make you a taker - it just cancels the order. It's useful for avoiding fees.

phly

Expert Member
@Lunomoney I received an email about my account and that I need to upload my documentation (apparently something went wrong when i tried to upload my documentation before). I haven't received any phishing attempts claiming to be Luno before so this came as a surprise. Furthermore, my account is and has been fully verified (level 3) for the past several years. Whats concerning is the email looks like a genuine Luno email and even the email address used I have received communication through it from Luno several times before.

So my question is, has your "noreply" email system been compromised or someone just sent the right email to the wrong person and I happened to be the recipient in this case?

Neuk_

Executive Member
@Lunomoney I received an email about my account and that I need to upload my documentation (apparently something went wrong when i tried to upload my documentation before). I haven't received any phishing attempts claiming to be Luno before so this came as a surprise. Furthermore, my account is and has been fully verified (level 3) for the past several years. Whats concerning is the email looks like a genuine Luno email and even the email address used I have received communication through it from Luno several times before.

So my question is, has your "noreply" email system been compromised or someone just sent the right email to the wrong person and I happened to be the recipient in this case?

I got the same email a short while ago...

rick9k

Just got the same.. and when trying to use luno from ios app.. get bad gateway.. something is fishy

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Yeah also go the same email earlier. Was a bit concerned until I realized I don't have any funds/crypto on Luno at the moment.

Swa

Honorary Master
Also got the email today. What's more concerning is that every time I log in Luno asks me to enter the 4 digit code and my browser isn't listed as a used device any more. So their security seems unable to differentiate new and used devices. Their system seems overloaded with the SMS taking half an hour to arrive.

acidrain

Executive Member
Has anyone been able to transfer from coinomi to Luno? I get an error, invalid bitcoin address. My coinomi is upgraded to the new segwit addresses which is likely the reason because Luno appears to be running legacy addresses.

@Lunomoney any idea on possibly upgrading wallets?

IOPS

Has anyone been able to transfer from coinomi to Luno? I get an error, invalid bitcoin address. My coinomi is upgraded to the new segwit addresses which is likely the reason because Luno appears to be running legacy addresses.

@Lunomoney any idea on possibly upgrading wallets?

bech32 address adoption is quite slow across the board, best to stick to P2SH addresses - addresses that start with a 3.

saor

Honorary Master
Please help. My husband died unexpectedly and had a luno account and money in his wallet. Unfortunately he did not leave us any details of his passwords (we still have access to his email account). We want to contact luno to send necessary documents or whatever they need to be able to 1. close his account and 2. ask them to transfer the money in the wallet, to my account. Anybody knows how to go about this?
Email them directly.
https://www.luno.com/help/en/contact

@Lunomoney

Lunomoney

Luno Representative
Please help. My husband died unexpectedly and had a luno account and money in his wallet. Unfortunately he did not leave us any details of his passwords (we still have access to his email account). We want to contact luno to send necessary documents or whatever they need to be able to 1. close his account and 2. ask them to transfer the money in the wallet, to my account. Anybody knows how to go about this?

Firstly, we're saddened to hear this has happened.

As mentioned above, our support team will provide you with the steps to follow in recovering this account.

Please get in touch here for further details:

https://www.luno.com/help/tickets/new

Thanks for your understanding.

Stonerjoy

Lunomoney

Please explain why Exchanges like yours in South Africa has higher prices. Trading between Margins seems like a Scam that the whole country is abused by. Hedging the Global Exchanges with African money ?
Why not Integrate Liquidity providers or will that be counter productive to your personal Arbitration Exchange scheme?
If you have the time to answer this question i will appreciate it. Dont seem like a plan to offer a service that enhances customer risk

Swa

Honorary Master
Lunomoney

Please explain why Exchanges like yours in South Africa has higher prices. Trading between Margins seems like a Scam that the whole country is abused by. Hedging the Global Exchanges with African money ?
Why not Integrate Liquidity providers or will that be counter productive to your personal Arbitration Exchange scheme?
If you have the time to answer this question i will appreciate it. Dont seem like a plan to offer a service that enhances customer risk
Move to a cheaper one like Valr where you even get paid to provide liquidity.

Lunomoney

Luno Representative
Lunomoney

Thanks for reaching out.

Please remember there is no global price of Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency outside of stablecoins.

For example, the price of Bitcoin is not set by Luno or any other exchange but instead by the buyers and sellers in each individual market. More details on this here:

Stonerjoy

Thanks for reaching out.

Please remember there is no global price of Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency outside of stablecoins.

For example, the price of Bitcoin is not set by Luno or any other exchange but instead by the buyers and sellers in each individual market. More details on this here:

So you say South Africans Stupid because they want to pay around 9000 rands more at any given time.? ok