Lydiana in Pretoria - good/bad neighborhood?

merge

I'm looking at some places to buy and came across Lydiana, a little neighborhood I didn't really know about.

It's between Lynnwood and Meierspark in the East, and prices seem really affordable. Anybody know if it's a good or bad place to buy? I couldn't really find much information on it. What's crime like and are there any future developments that could negatively impact property valuations in the future?

Nicodeamus

Executive Member
They are all nice places. Also try and check Silverton (above Pretoria street).

froot

Honorary Master
Friends of mine from there say it's got some crime problems. Lots of break-ins and vehicle thefts.
Maybe, but their neighbourhoodwatch is doing a magnificent job of helping to curb that. It's better now than it was earlier, and it depends where in Silverton you stay. There are betters parts than other.

Nicodeamus

Executive Member
Maybe, but their neighbourhoodwatch is doing a magnificent job of helping to curb that. It's better now than it was earlier, and it depends where in Silverton you stay. There are betters parts than other.
Silverton above Pretoria street has got a very effective neighberhoodwatch that is also patrolling Lydiana (towards Onidia and fakkel streets side).

Meyerspark is also big, you have to specify where. The areas next to Bill Heunispark towards Skuilkrans is very nice.

I grew up in this side of Pretoria so I know it quite well.