M.2 SSD screw

das Toktokken

Honorary Master

ponder

Honorary Master
M2x3mm screw, 3.3mm thread pitch. (CM2X3-3.3)

jl-cm2x3-3.3b.jpg

ponder

Honorary Master
You might find some inside an old laptop if you're lucky.

PhireSide

Honorary Master
I guess you could, in a pinch, use a dab of hot glue to secure the drive down until you manage to find a suitable screw. Slot the drive in place, then push it down onto the standoff and put a small dab of glue across the screw terminal.

How hot do modern M.2's get on that side of the board anyway? I doubt hot enough to cause an issue and to re-melt the glue should you go this temporary route

wtg

Take it off an old laptop. Normally WiFi card has one

jacosmit

Expert Member
Ran into the same issue. My first HP NVMe came with the screw and a little screw driver. But it seem that all these are being dropped. Good luck finding one at a computer shop, I know our tech department ran out of these a while ago, before Covid hit.

I came upon 2 links -
https://www.amazon.com/SGTKJSJS-M-2-Screw-NVMe-Mounting/dp/B07Q3DLCJ4 (might be a duplicate from post above)

Post edit: LOL, it's for the same thing :-D

das Toktokken

Honorary Master
Between these screws and brackets for Dell laptops, I've never seen challenges like these to fit a hard drive in the time I ran a support business some years back.

jacosmit

Expert Member
I tell you, its bad. These tiny screws are like nothing else in the computer or laptop cases. And no, the OEM do not supply spare screws.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Ran into the same issue. My first HP NVMe came with the screw and a little screw driver. But it seem that all these are being dropped. Good luck finding one at a computer shop, I know our tech department ran out of these a while ago, before Covid hit.

I came upon 2 links -
https://www.amazon.com/SGTKJSJS-M-2-Screw-NVMe-Mounting/dp/B07Q3DLCJ4 (might be a duplicate from post above)

Post edit: LOL, it's for the same thing :-D
Finding any screws for PCs in SA is difficult, I need to put some fan screws that actually work nicely compared to the horribly soft stuff that deform when you start screwing them in

chromedome

Expert Member
You could try Mantech electronics they do have a wide selection of screws. I bought these a while back for a turntable, suppose you can cut them down as required.

Faux_Grey

It's the most impossible thing to find, I always end up using small screws from dead laptops.
You can get them on amazon but that means importing things.
This country is so messed up I can't even get a set of screws without shopping international.

gottagoon

Executive Member
Try these guys. They keep all kinds of weird and hard to find stuff: