M-Net defends their bachelor choice amidst Twitter outcry

schumi

Honorary Master
The creators of South African's version of hit TV series The Bachelor have responded to criticism of their selection of Lee Thompson as Mzansi's first bachelor, claiming he fits the description of the kind of man the contestants wanted.

Lee was recently unveiled as the first contestant to look for love on the show, where women competing each week for his affection and the chance to marry him. But the announcement was overshadowed by an outcry on social media by those who thought he did not represent the ideal South African man.
One of the biggest concerns was that M-Net's choice would make for "cringe-worthy" television and women of colour may be overlooked.
More at: https://www.timeslive.co.za/tshisa-...-their-bachelor-choice-amidst-twitter-outcry/

ArtyLoop

Expert Member
One of the biggest concerns was that M-Net's choice would make for "cringe-worthy" television
Oh and here I thought their self-advertising i.e. advertising themselves on their own product.. was cringe-worthy

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Is Duduzane Zuma married yet? Maybe he would be a good bachelor.

Hang on he is Zulu - he can have as many wives as he wants!

access

Executive Member
really.. "cringe worthy"

i wonder what these people feel when they see their reflection

really.. "cringe worthy"

i wonder what these people feel when they see their reflection
Wait, he's a Rugby player, and so many Rugby players of colour prefer white women. I suspect it's actually more representative than black twitter thinks :D

LCBXX

Executive Member
How would a single person represent the demographics of the country?
Perhaps of he was Coloured or Indian?

Personally I would have liked it if the dude was a Black guy and some of the women were proper Afrikaans, accent and all, trying to woo his affection. Oh boy that would have caused a stir.