MacBook Pro screen sudden death

tRoN

Expert Member
So I don’t know what happened here.
Didn’t drop the device but screen is dead with this funky lines.

Out of warranty so now I’m *****ting a bit.

Any ideas? Some quick fix maybe?

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Judging by the filth on the hinge im guessing there was some hard doritos chip on then you slammed the screen closed.

Look on the right side how there seems to be a small crack where the white lines converge.

airborne

Executive Member
I'd say screen lost hope or if you are lucky just the connector somewhere.

What model is it exactly?

Venomous

Honorary Master
You talking about your meth addiction, share your dealers phone number?? :D
LOLzies.

I don't do that.

If you go for a drive to a not so good part of town, look around for a suspicious looking person. That person can either sell you a band substance or direct you to where you can buy it.

Please do us a favour and please don't start a thread about your bad drug experience.

Last edited:

airborne

Executive Member
Hey cool.
A1706. MacBook Pro with touchbar late 2016 13 inch silver
Ouch that's going to cost a mint to replace, better hope you can find a 2nhd screen because the pirate Macbook screens are normally rubbish and probably not available in Sa for that model and getting it from apple/core will naturally set you back more than just a few rands.
LOLzies.

I don't do that.

If you go for a drive to a not so good part of town, look around for a suspicious looking person. That person can either sell you an bad substance or direct you to where you can buy it.
Please do use a favour and please don't start a thread about your bad drug experience.
I was joking and now you get all serious about explaining how to procure these things?!
Noe man kids read this forum, don't be like that. :/

airborne

Executive Member
Judging by the filth on the hinge im guessing there was some hard doritos chip on then you slammed the screen closed.

Look on the right side how there seems to be a small crack where the white lines converge.

You can see a crack on the left of the screen - impact damage probably by closing the lid with something in the way.

You could try the Apple Doctor, or get a screen off ebay and get someone to replace it for you if the task seems daunting.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-Macb...ple+screen&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313
One of you is wrong, I wonder who it is?
:whistling:

airborne

Executive Member
Claim from insurance OP and use their provider.

Don’t take shortcuts.
Good call, if the screen is cracked that's accidental damage and if you have all risks insurance for it, which any apple laptop owner worth their salt knows to have, then you'll be good to go.

Lord Flacko

Hey cool.
A1706. MacBook Pro with touchbar late 2016 13 inch silver
I'm going to say go the insurance route, the prices I was given were exorbitant. If you can get it insured, use it as a desktop for the time being and claim from insurance.

Last edited: