• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • Win an Amazon Echo Dot in this two-day giveaway - Enter Here

mAcme [does Connection Management & USSD & Monitors Signal Strength - OS X]

So when I started my Challenge to Cell C, I did a little research as well. Found out that they all love MDMA on their PCs but have nothing for the Mac.

Download for PowerPC
Download for Intel
Download for Universal

Tested on Huawei and ZTE, Snow Leopard (Intel), Leopard (PPC and Intel) and Tiger (PPC).

UPDATED to reflect HIGs.

Last edited:

ginggs

Super Grandwizard
Super Moderator
So when I started my Challenge to Cell C, I did a little research as well. Found out that they all love MDMA on their PCs but have nothing for the Mac.

Download for PowerPC

Download for Intel

Only tested on Huawei, Snow Leopard, Intel. Will Test on Leopard (PPC and Intel) and Tiger (PPC) with ZTE on Monday since those machines are at my office.

Still in beta though and some things need work like interface (not at all Human Interface Guidelines yet), icon, other things.
Thanks GreGorGy! Working fine on Leopard 10.5.8 on PPC.

UPDATED: Better error management; ZTE works except ME throughput is non-existent (for now).

Some Mobile Phones may also respond correctly.

Cell.C-Guru

Cell C Rep
Company Rep
cell c has taken note and have forwarded MACME to there exec for testing and will respond with their findings aswell

cell c has taken note and have forwarded MACME to there exec for testing and will respond with their findings aswell
Thanks - keen on knowing which equipment works (so far Hauwei E1820, K3565 and ZTE seem to work).

It also works on some cellphones when tethered via cable or bluetooth.

Cell.C-Guru

Cell C Rep
Company Rep
started fiddling with it myself. have really enjoyed playing around with MDMA (big thanks to ginggs; really kewl program) so looking forward to this now......

started fiddling with it myself. have really enjoyed playing around with MDMA (big thanks to ginggs; really kewl program) so looking forward to this now......
The throughput is primarily for troubleshooting at this stage and on the Huaweis I am crashing after a while - if you experience this, please let me know.

Greg

Anything for Ubuntu 10?
I wish - sorry, my abilities in this regard are limited to Mac OS X. I did try but getting my software to recognise any serial other than ttyS0-3 is a mission. Maybe when I have a few days to spare...

Mmmm - I found my PDU classes I wrote years ago. Nothings changed....
Mmmm - USSD & SMS support now available but remember - BETA!

UPDATE: I have changed it to be more Apple App like and made it shareware for users outside of South Africa (in SA, no charge - it should just be registered). If not, please drop me a PM or something.

Features:
• If CellID and RNC are available, you can get see them on Google maps.
• USSD and SMS
• The usual profile mentioned above

mAcme has been updated to ver 1.3:

• Location API link will now behave according to user-set options (Open Google Map / Get Coordinates / Open API Link / Copy API Link)
• Live Polling of signal strength and tower ID now optional, as well as polling interval

You can download the latest version at:

Intel
PPC
Universal

Update: 1.4 Beta now has Statistics support for Huawei. Note that for these stats to be as close to accurate as the system can manage, mAcme must be run once every session at least. Or used in place of dashboard. Download links are the same. Update does nothing for ZTE modems.