Mafia 150: A Fond Farewell to Faniebraai the Fantabulous

Arzy

Honorary Master
Fek.

That seemed to be the general concensus. Of course there was shock, bewilderment and sadness as well but encompassing it all was Fek.

It was just all so sudden! One moment he was there helping with all the questions on the new town messageboard, giving his opinion on books or the local sport team, always preaching the gospel of that little green man he was so fond of...Hell! Someone even saw him demonstrate what buffering was to much embarassment of onlookers.

And then he was gone. Just got on his motorbike and rode off muttering something about a braai chapel where we would all get together some day.

Fek.

Oh, and someone had shot the mayor but that's of little consequence when a stand up guy like Faniebraai just suddenly leaves....

*********************************************************************************************************************************************
Its with great sadness that we all learned of the passing of a good friend to many of us on this forum, the humble legend, Faniebraai. For many years (starting off in Off Topic till we got shunted off to a little corner of own and now relegated to this sub) a group of us played a game called Mafia. We got close, we got under each others skins, we swore at each other and we bonded. Fanie was part of most of this and for those that were part of this small group there are many fond and infamous memories.

As a bit of a final goodbye I am thus setting up a game to remember him by.

Now, this isn't simply limited to people who use to play Mafia. It is open to everyone on the forum even if you haven't played before. If needs be I'll hold everyones hand and coach you through the process.

For those that have played, I'm keeping it simple (no ball games),. It will be an open setup with everything determined once I know how many people we have playing.

Time commitments were a concern in some of the last games so restrictions will be in place to try and keep the pace up.

I hope to keep this completely civil and understand life has got everyone by the short and curlies so lurk if you have to, no meta though :)

The game will run irrespective of how many players sign up, ideally I'd like to start on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Anyone interested in joining simply post a reply as such: ##SIGNMEUP

*********************************************************************************************************************************************
##Cast Greater Summoning

@AfricanTech
@Pho3nix
@aapkop
@Splinter
@Wall
@AstroTurf
@Archer
@saguran
@Grumpy96
@Datura
@Crabby
@STS
@I.am.Sam
@Nicci
@Pitbull
@Eaz-e
@Helghast
@-Prismo-
@2012
@PhreakBoy
@PhreeMe
@D3x
@czc
@porchrat
@Voicy
@cocococo
@Space_Munkey
@GforceD
@DMNknight
@Siphon
@Talentloos
@InSanity
@Drewcakes
@The_Unnamed

Participants
@Wall
@Pho3nix
@Sugarman
@AirWolf
@Grant
@signates
@AfricanTech
@aapkop
@Datura
@Peder
@AstroTurf
@Sinbad
@Mike Hoxbig
@Cray
@UrBaN963
@I.am.Sam
@DMNknight
@OutsiderZA
@2012
@themba990
@Splinter
@Baxteen

Wiki's
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=A_Beginner's_Guide_to_Being_Awesome_At_Mafia
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Quick_Guide_to_Mafia
https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/mafia-tactics-pro-players-give-tips-hints-advice.527188/

Last edited:

Grant

Honorary Master
##SIGNMEUP

fanny had me play my 1st game but killed me on the same night, hoping to avoid assassination this time.
(i'm watching you fanny)

Arzy

Honorary Master
Updated OP with list of people who are playing.

I'd also like to say thank you at this point, 14 people in so far which is already a good start for a game.

Anyone of the new people are welcome to ask questions here before we start.