Mafia 151: For it is easier to shout 'Stop', than to do it - Game Thread

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Well, I mean the false claiming of PGO by scum/TP will "bus" themselves through to end game. Whats wrong with the terminology?

I think Mike was waiting for PGO to RC, and then gambled on the role not actually being in play.
What's wrong with the terminology is that it's just wrong.

Bus means to 'throw someone under the bus', to betray

Cray

Honorary Master
There were vague calls in that direction but no pressure when you came online.

Hell, the mod even indicated that he's willing to 'suspend' until Tuesday.
Again catching up, hadn't read that...

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Well, I mean the false claiming of PGO by scum/TP will "bus" themselves through to end game. Whats wrong with the terminology?

I think Mike was waiting for PGO to RC, and then gambled on the role not actually being in play.
Go read my posts during the PGO discussion earlier.

I even questioned why there may be an argument against PGO RC'ing early. And before we know it, there's a speed wagon going on Sugar.

In the event that he was lynched, I RC'ed to save town from being killed at night, because we didn't even have time to continue the discussion.

Was the most logical thing to do at the time. What do I have to gain by outing myself at that point in the game?

AfricanTech

Honorary Master

On what basis do you think that?

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
so essentially that role is a VT ...with a benefit if he hits the SK

so we know also there is a SK in the game if we go with that role

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
And btw I don't entirely trust this Psychiatrist claim.

They were in a crunch, and it's possible they claimed one that's less likely, especially given the size of the game. Then they have a way of "confirming" another scum, giving 2 of them a free ride to the end if it works out.

Even better than risking a PGO claim, where only 1 scum gets to the end if it works out...

Wall

Sports Addict
so essentially that role is a VT ...with a benefit if he hits the SK

so we know also there is a SK in the game if we go with that role
Not necessarily. Reading up on Mafia wiki and they indicate the role is more common in games without an SK

With this being a Bastard game, anything goes...

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Again catching up, hadn't read that...
Can someone check the post order please

@Cray, what method do you use to catchup?

Reverse read, forward read, read the last few posts and then go back from where you last read?

Sinbad

Honorary Master
And btw I don't entirely trust this Psychiatrist claim.

They were in a crunch, and it's possible they claimed one that's less likely, especially given the size of the game. Then they have a way of "confirming" another scum, giving 2 of them a free ride to the end if it works out.

Even better than risking a PGO claim, where only 1 scum gets to the end if it works out...
This is why I am not ready to unvote yet.
Psychiatrist seems to be one of the more disposable PRs ...

Cray

Honorary Master
Can someone check the post order please

@Cray, what method do you use to catchup?

Reverse read, forward read, read the last few posts and then go back from where you last read?
Trying to read the last few pages, then revert to the main, try get some work done :)X3:) - Just enough to stay on top of current trends...