Magic the Gathering TCG- cheapest place to buy new cards?

Turing

I also don't plan on playing competitively. Just weekends with a couple of friends to have some fun. :) Will check out BB, thanks.
New challenger decks are coming in April. Strong decks for under R400, if 2018's price is anything to go by. With these you can sit down and play, and expect decent results.

Also, don't build from boosters, it's a waste of money. Get a decklist and order the singles you want.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
You can play with a starter set and most stores sell duplicate cards for really cheap so you can make decks with those
Yeah but that's what I'm getting at.

Starter sets are R250 now for Magic or you can spend a little more and do a full blown 2 x Planeswalker decks for R320 odd.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I'm considering getting this deck builder's toolkit: https://raru.co.za/boards-dice/7083...iance-deck-builders-toolkit-trading-card-game
And maybe also one of the planeswalker decks. Should total around R500 - then maybe add a couple of boosters for the loot box experience xD
I honestly wouldn't go for the Deck Builder's Toolkit again (I did in last year's Core set).

Rather buy the Planeswalkers decks and some boosters (they come with two anyway).

It's unlikely you'll be able to build anything more decent with a deck builder's toolkit of your particular mana colour choice of any decent value.

Rather choose the Planeswalkers you prefer (or buy them all) and build from there as it's much more of a known quantity.

Turing

I'm considering getting this deck builder's toolkit: https://raru.co.za/boards-dice/7083...iance-deck-builders-toolkit-trading-card-game
And maybe also one of the planeswalker decks. Should total around R500 - then maybe add a couple of boosters for the loot box experience xD
Planeswalker decks are fairly weak, but will do until the Challenger decks come out in April.

If you really want something similar to a deck builder's toolkit, then look at the bundle (dice, lands pack, and 10 boosters). DBTs mostly contain previous generation booster packs anyway.

Praeses

Expert Member
Planeswalker decks are fairly weak, but will do until the Challenger decks come out in April.

If you really want something similar to a deck builder's toolkit, then look at the bundle (dice, lands pack, and 10 boosters). DBTs mostly contain previous generation booster packs anyway.
Ok cool - more boosters = more fun anyway :)

hj2k_x

Honorary Master

I concur. Fat packs are good value. A competitive deck is always going to be expensive, mind you...

KingBel

Expert Member
Gave all my cards to my nephew a few years back.. now that he is in varsity and has a gf he no longer has any interest in MTG.. so he gave them back to me.. Considering getting back into collecting.. maybe teach my friends to play.