Magnitude 4.3 earthquake rocks Gauteng

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Earthquake hits South Africa

A magnitude 4.2 earthquake hit South Africa at around 06:34 on Friday. The tremor was centred in the south of Johannesburg on the outskirts of Katlehong, near Alberton, the US Geological Survey (USGS) reported.

The exact coordinates of the source of the quake was 26.342°S 28.227°E, and it happened at a depth of 5.0 km, the USGS stated.

wbot

Executive Member
I felt it this morning and heard the walls and windows. Didn't think much of it because little tremors are normal here because of blasts at some mine somewhere

cn@

Expert Member
Gauteng... You fear to go into those gold mines. The miners delved too greedily and too deep. You know what they awoke in the darkness ... shadow and flame.

DpeXjzKX4AE9_u2

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Seems like Mozambique, Kenya, Tanzania or Ethiopia are in for a massive earthquake with the next 2 years. :unsure:

Or maybe this earthquake was due to mining... I better go read the article now

dualmeister

Honorary Master

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Last year's quake didn't reach your part of the world? Or was papa just too hungover in the morning hours when it happened? :p

Cough.

No not those fart quakes, I mean proper ones where you can feel it

JohnMao

Executive Member
4.3 magnitude...rocks Gauteng. Isn't that a bit of a misnomer? That will rattle a few windows, but cause no serious damage surely?

sandereo

Gauteng... You fear to go into those gold mines. The miners delved too greedily and too deep. You know what they awoke in the darkness ... shadow and flame.

DpeXjzKX4AE9_u2
Lord of the Rings. Good story and visual effects.