• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Maintenance/transaction block

Flanders

Executive Member
Hi,

Cancelled adsl with telkom but have kept the landline. Billing appears to be correct but the problem is that now I can't receive calls on the line - outgoing calls are fine. I spoke to a helpful tech from telkom who had given me his details from a previous call out. He was on training and so unfortunately wasn't able to help me but he mentioned that this is a common occurrence when cancelling an adsl service. He said it's called a maintenance block and could also be a transaction block. According to him, this should be fixable over the phone from telkom's end but I have been met with nothing but blank stares, complete confusion and total inaction over this. I also went into a telkom shop and they couldn't help me.

This is a business line and has been going on for 2+ weeks now. Does anyone have any helpful tips on how to resolve this?

Thanks

I have had many encounters with Telkom, unfortunately the only way u was able to get resolution was to put a post on HelloPeter, Telkom then responds fairly quickly.

Venomous

Honorary Master
Hi,

Cancelled adsl with telkom but have kept the landline. Billing appears to be correct but the problem is that now I can't receive calls on the line - outgoing calls are fine. I spoke to a helpful tech from telkom who had given me his details from a previous call out. He was on training and so unfortunately wasn't able to help me but he mentioned that this is a common occurrence when cancelling an adsl service. He said it's called a maintenance block and could also be a transaction block. According to him, this should be fixable over the phone from telkom's end but I have been met with nothing but blank stares, complete confusion and total inaction over this. I also went into a telkom shop and they couldn't help me.

This is a business line and has been going on for 2+ weeks now. Does anyone have any helpful tips on how to resolve this?

Thanks
Maybe ask them to reset everything related to calling on that line?

Flanders

Executive Member
Turns out they've managed to cross lines somehow. Before, dialling the number just rang and rang but yesterday someone answered their phone on my number. Still not resolved but at least now I sort of know what's going on.