Major demand for second-hand iPhones in South Africa

Nobody Important

Executive Member
Good. The prices for their latest models are flipping ridiculous. I'll hang on to my iPhone 6 for many years to come. Hopefully they learn their lesson.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Good. The prices for their latest models are flipping ridiculous. I'll hang on to my iPhone 6 for many years to come. Hopefully they learn their lesson.
True story. Great value to be had from an older iPhone. I replaced the battery on my 6s a couple of weeks ago and it’s still super ninja fast.

falcon786

Executive Member
The X is a lovely phone though to be fair,I only sold mine because I needed dual sim so had to settle for the s9 plus.

ActivateD

Expert Member
I buy my Apple products overseas way cheaper only downside is that I hope they do not have a problem.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
So effectively most loyal iPhone users have to settle for scraps and seconds.

Aka iSheep.

3WA

Executive Member
This means that people who buy new iPhones can start factoring resale value into their cost calculations.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
Or

iPhones are so good that people would rather spend money on a second hand one than buying a new Android.

Amazing how you can spin things to suit your agenda isn’t it
If you remove the branding no one would want it.

Prime objective is a phone with a bitten apple on it even if if it's old.

irBosOtter

Expert Member
Or

iPhones are so good that people would rather spend money on a second hand one than buying a new Android.

Amazing how you can spin things to suit your agenda isn’t it
Probably true, but also people don't have the money to spend on the new ones which are overpriced for what you get

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
If you remove the branding no one would want it.

Prime objective is a phone with a bitten apple on it even if if it's old.
Sorry but I'm more interested in the OS than the logo on the back of it, which invariably gets covered by a case.