Major power outage across Johannesburg

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Has anyone else been hit by this?

The whole of Jhb South went out at around 12:30, with reports of it reaching as far as the northern suburbs...

maumau

Honorary Master
So far no.

We did receive notification that we'll be off on Friday from 9:00 to 17:00 :( Thing is whenever they try to switch on, the entire grid trips so in all likelihood we'll be off Friday through Saturday.

Neuk_

Executive Member
All good in Parkhurst, we had a planned outage yesterday for some tree trimming I believe.

3WA

Honorary Master
The whole south - Glenvista, Bassonia, Oakdene, Ormonde, Robertsham etc. even the JHB CBD.

They're making it sound like an isolated incident to just a few areas...

Our neighbourhood WhatsApp group saying Sebenza AND Prospect substations are down. Not sure if accurate or old lady gossip.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Our neighbourhood WhatsApp group saying Sebenza AND Prospect substations are down. Not sure if accurate or old lady gossip.
Same feedback we're getting on ours.

FURTHER FEEDBACK REGARDING THE WIDESPREAD POWER OUTAGES
Dear Residents

Subsequent to my last message I just received the following message from City Power:
"We have had a trip at Prospect SS on 275kV. Operators have been dispatched. Total loss of Prospect and Sebenza SS".

Will update you again as soon as I get further information.

Regards,

Cllr ******* ********

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Back on here after exactly 2 hours. I'm sure it wasn't a stealth load shedding exercise...

Lupus

Honorary Master
Nope we didn't go out in Randburg or in Roodepoort side, I've unfortunately been doing a bit of driving. Got to tomorrow as well.

3WA

Honorary Master
Every other suburb is going to be restored and everyone is going to be posting about how their power is back while I'll be sitting here jerking off in the dark.