Makro Black Friday 2019 deals revealed

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Makro Black Friday 2019 deals revealed

Makro is running a five-day Black Friday promotion named "Black 5 Day" from 27 November - 1 December, with big price cuts on over 26,000 products.

For those who have their orders delivered, Makro will charge a R90 delivery fee for all online and in-store purchases.

Apogee

SA don't understand the concept of Black Friday's deep discounts, as proven here.

Haven't shopped at Makro for the last three months because their aisles are too difficult to navigate with a trolley due to all the pallets blocking it, and it takes at least 30 minutes of standing in line to get to the checkout points.

Last edited:

mertin_zn

Im pretty sure that Samsung ULED was the exact same price last year....meh I dont see the need to bother about Black Friday at Makro.

Sean008

Expert Member
So wait, Makro will charge R90 to never deliver and then lose the order?!?!?

Fsck me, thats bold on their part.
100% that. Had them ship a tv that I ordered and paid for online to Pta , yet I specified the address as Ctown last year. Then had to jump through hoops trying to get them to resolve. Took approx 2 weeks before I received the delivery at the correct destination. Wonder if anything’s changed in that respect

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
100% that. Had them ship a tv that I ordered and paid for online to Pta , yet I specified the address as Ctown last year. Then had to jump through hoops trying to get them to resolve. Took approx 2 weeks before I received the delivery at the correct destination. Wonder if anything’s changed in that respect
Nope... it hasn't.

Thor

Honorary Master
Meh those are bad deals.

When is #Amazon coming to SA!!!!

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I bet Walmart is also going to pull out of SA in the not too distant future, and sell Massmart to someone who think they can handle the chaotic mess that it has become.

Not even the "heavy-hitter" that they sent seems to be capable of turning them around.

https://www.businessinsider.co.za/walmart-american-ceo-to-game-makro-massmart-2019-5
It takes time to turn around a behemoth like Massmart....

If he still hasn't made any progress in 2 years, then I'd give credence to your Walmart pulling out of SA idea... at this point in time, nope they're balls deep and aren't going anywhere.

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
I just received a shipping notification email and SMS from Makro, for an item they delivered to me a week ago.

saor

Honorary Master
Haven't shopped at Makro for the last three months because their aisles are too difficult to navigate with a trolley due to all the pallets blocking it, and it takes at least 30 minutes of standing in line to get to the checkout points.
Do you still need a makro card to shop there?
Could never understand the point of that.

Apogee

Yes, but you can use the virtual card on the Makro app now.

"Makro has its own policies, rules and regulations and having a Makro card is one of them. This rule was formulated when Makro open its 1st store in 1971 in South Africa to keep track record of sales. We do filing of all the records of our customers purchases, we are able to reprint invoices for insurance purposes. We are able to recall an invoice for repairs and returns, with a Makro card we can trace your purchases for up to five years. Access to a Makro store is restricted to cardholders. This policy has allowed the building of one of the largest and most comprehensive cash customer databases in the Southern African distribution industry."

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Its a hold over from when they were a wholesaler, but it actually has some benefits these days. You don't need to keep slips, its all on their system linked to your card...