Makro Mighty IT One Day Sale

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Exactly. So much hassle to buy bulk from a wholesaler? No thanks. Anyone in that position may as well look elsewhere instead.

Considering the other closest Makro is 500+ km away it might not be worth it…

Oh, and the four friends might be a problem too :eek:

Superjakes

Expert Member
Whatever you do, DO NOT buy the Linksys ADSL Modem Router, I have the displeasure of owning it and I need to erratically reboot it sometimes more than once per day. It is a nice looking, decently branded piece of crap.

SamWill

Thoughts on the Asus i7 laptop? Need to upgrade my dual core Acer.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Nothing there that interests me. Maybe the 1.5TB 2.5" for R999, or R600 with eB...

Dolby

Honorary Master
Whatever you do, DO NOT buy the Linksys ADSL Modem Router, I have the displeasure of owning it and I need to erratically reboot it sometimes more than once per day. It is a nice looking, decently branded piece of crap.

I was just about to say that is a nice discount!

Aside from that, monitors seem a decent price

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
Picked up one 1.5tb Seagate which should tide me over for a couple of months.

Nice!

Since I've started streaming everything I've found myself actually clearing space - have 2X2TBs with only 1GB on them each, both were almost full at one stage.

So I'll be good for a while.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Nice!

Since I've started streaming everything I've found myself actually clearing space - have 2X2TBs with only 1GB on them each, both were almost full at one stage.

So I'll be good for a while.

Mine's for photos :eek: Your usage seems a lot more enjoyable.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
Mine's for photos :eek: Your usage seems a lot more enjoyable.

Lol :D

Well the wife does some freelancing photography, and a LOT of personal photography - if somehow we both die at once one day, the police will be friggin' baffled about the 3 million pics of our Jack Russels on the PC.

It's just a lot less now because of the fairly recent removal of said TV programs, but yeah, the steady influx of pics is quite scary - and so many in RAW format as well.

Maybe soon I'll join you again in getting another HDD... Hopefully that will be from within a first world country, though. ;)

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Lol :D

Well the wife does some freelancing photography, and a LOT of personal photography - if somehow we both die at once one day, the police will be friggin' baffled about the 3 million pics of our Jack Russels on the PC.

It's just a lot less now because of the fairly recent removal of said TV programs, but yeah, the steady influx of pics is quite scary - and so many in RAW format as well.

Maybe soon I'll join you again in getting another HDD... Hopefully that will be from within a first world country, though. ;)

It's a mission - I have caches of hard drives scattered around the property and trying to remember what's backed up where is slowly driving me insane. Everyone says put them in the cloud but there's 10-20TB worth!

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
It's a mission - I have caches of hard drives scattered around the property and trying to remember what's backed up where is slowly driving me insane. Everyone says put them in the cloud but there's 10-20TB worth!

No way that's gonna be possible on the cheap. :( Will be one massive mission to do it manually anyway - regardless of whether you consolidate it all to less drives or add them all to the cloud and sort it out from there. I guess starting with the small ones and moving them first will be easiest - smallest in terms of data used, anyway.