Makro's new online drive-thru for Black Friday 2018 - How it will work

flarkit

Executive Member
Before the items are granted, the customer must provide either their ID number, customer number, or order number in order to receive their purchased items
What happens if you provide another person's order number?

Apogee

If they can find a digital alternative for step #3, things will progress much smoother.

I have found that to be the weakest link in ordering takeaways at drive-thrus as well, due to the language barrier and/or the staff just not paying attention.

kolakidd

Hmmm, queuing in your car, the height of summer, standard Makro efficiency... what could go wrong

evilstebunny

Honorary Master
Well its not like drive-thru's are unknown to the population, you order, drive there, identify yourself to receive your items, sign & drive off..

How hard can it be?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Well its not like drive-thru's are unknown to the population, you order, drive there, identify yourself to receive your items, sign & drive off..

How hard can it be?
Combination of makro and sa population... I forsee fist fights of epic proportions...

Apogee

Combination of makro and sa population... I forsee fist fights of epic proportions...
Why would there be fights?

It's not like the in-store sales where people just show up en masse.

Only online orders are collected at the drive-thru, so only the customers who shopped online will use it.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Why would there be fights?

It's not like the in-store sales where people just show up en masse.

Only online orders are collected at the drive-thru, so only the customers who shopped online will use it.
And when you have to wait 30 minutes because the twat in front is being useless

Gaz{M}

Expert Member
Why bother going anywhere near the store if you can buy online and get delivery for R70?!