Malema docks pay of 2 EFF leaders over report, threatens more cuts, suspensions

Grant

Honorary Master
Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) leader Julius Malema unilaterally docked the salaries of two provincial leaders because they failed to deliver a monthly organisational report.

Malema has warned that he will do this to more in the party as no one can tell him how to run his organisation.

According to insiders, this was Malema’s way of teaching them a lesson after he warned that in his party, unlike the African National Congress (ANC), it was not enough to just apologise.
Insiders have said that Malema’s hardened commander-in-chief style often threw out all the rules as he dictated the order of the day, with some saying that the EFF at times felt like a spaza shop.

Malema is said to have ordered for Mukwevho and Koma’s entire monthly wages to be docked during a meeting he had with provincial and regional leaders. But the EFF leader, who is the chief deployee in Gauteng, which has struggled to launch new branches across most of its regions, was unapologetic for his stance.

George Netherby

I would very much doubt it is, but the issue will be how do you go up against the CIC and expect to win and still have a job after the fact.
Illegal to dock someone's pay. And if you did lose your job after you win the ccma case, I'm sure there are grounds for unfair dismissal case.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Illegal to dock someone's pay. And if you did lose your job after you win the ccma case, I'm sure there are grounds for unfair dismissal case.

Of course..

But you win your unfair dismissal case and then you get your backpay for a few months or maybe a year and then your life becomes absolute hell within the EFF and they go out of their way to get rid of you in a legitimate fashion (which isn't difficult) and then you are buggered for the future with no job, and being in the political wilderness with no clout or anything....

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Funny that the same people who were moaning that Cyril has no balls because he did not chase away all members of the Zuma faction out of the ANC are now complaining when the Commander shows that he has balls, Kahle kahle what do you people want?