Malema: Zuma Owes Youth

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
President Jacob Zuma has told the youth that improving their lives was "a two-way street" and not just a government responsibility - while ANC Youth League leader Julius Malema reminded him that the youth's votes were "not cheap".

Speaking at the main Youth Day rally in Katlehong, Ekurhuleni, on Tuesday, Zuma said while the government was doing its best to improve the conditions of the youth, it was also the responsibility of young people to participate - "it is not a one-way street".

Zuma said it was his government's responsibility "to create an environment where our young people can extricate themselves from poverty and build successful lives".

"On this day, we reaffirm that we have heard the voices of youth in distress. We are aware of unemployed youths, those in conflict with the law, those in abject poverty and those who seek assistance in our townships and rural villages."

Malema said many young people who voted for the ANC were still staying in informal settlements and were unemployed.

"We voted for President Zuma. We say to the president: We no longer want squatter camps. We want houses which have water and electricity. We say to President Zuma: Our votes were not cheap, they were expensive.

"He must pay us by giving us free education... By giving us quality jobs... we mean proper salaries and better working conditions."

Malema said half the 500 000 jobs Zuma promised should be given to young people.

Civil servants - especially doctors, teachers and police - should be paid better. "Our doctors, who go to schools for many years, are paid less than a receptionist at a municipal council. Teachers should not use their salaries to abuse alcohol...

"Once police are paid properly, they will no longer accept (bribes)," Malema said.

He also cautioned against sleeping around, saying youths should stick to the league's policy of "one boyfriend, one girlfriend".

Malema warned the newly formed National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) to "open doors for young people".

The agency - an amalgamation of the Umsobomvu Youth Fund and National Youth Commission - came under intense scrutiny from Malema, Zuma and the DA.

Malema called the agency's predecessors "useless" and said they "served friends, boyfriends and girlfriends of those who occupied positions".

They didn't want the agency's offices in Midrand, as most of the youths stayed in the townships.

Zuma said the agency had a lot of work to do, having to develop an integrated youth development plan and strategy without delay.

DA leader Helen Zille said it seemed the agency was set to repeat the mistakes of its predecessors - "it was a fundamental mistake to elevate the deputy president of the (ANC) Youth League, Andile Lungisa, to chair of the NYDA".

"This immediately positions the organisation as a partisan political structure, rather than an organisation committed to the development of all young people.

"It is a matter of concern that staff of the failed Youth Commissions and Umsobomvu Fund will now be employed by the NYDA. If they failed before, why should they succeed now? said Zille.

Source: IOL

Omg omg omg omg omg... LOL!

Malema said many young people who voted for the ANC were still staying in informal settlements and were unemployed.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHA! *Breathes* Umm... DUH!

"He must pay us by giving us free education... By giving us quality jobs... we mean proper salaries and better working conditions."

Giving?! It's called--oh, I dunno--AN EDUCATION.

He also cautioned against sleeping around, saying youths should stick to the league's policy of "one boyfriend, one girlfriend".

Yes, and your godly little leader is a prime example of this! *Sarcasm*

Sorry, but reading this made my day, so I thought I'd share.

dlk001

Executive Member
Well done to Malema for cautioning the youth against sleeping around. Also, I like what Zuma said about youth taking initiatives.

DigitalSoldier

Honorary Master

LOL!!!

Like that one lady that m&g interviewed said " I am voting for Zuma/ANC, so they can give to me"

No need to WOK when you can expect government to give everything.

Albereth

Honorary Master
Well done to Malema for cautioning the youth against sleeping around. Also, I like what Zuma said about youth taking initiatives.

You do realise that inkenkwe was not talking about relationships between couples? What he means is that it is the ancyl's policy that you can only belong to one political party and that you can't change.

Master Cain

Expert Member
LOL!!!

Like that one lady that m&g interviewed said " I am voting for Zuma/ANC, so they can give to me"

It is from government handouts and the deep seated African belief that when you vote for a party, that that particular party owes you something.

Expect more nepotism.
It is because of nepotism, AA and BEE that this country is in the sorry state it is in.

Albereth

Honorary Master
it seemed the agency was set to repeat the mistakes of its predecessors - "it was a fundamental mistake to elevate the deputy president of the (ANC) Youth League, Andile Lungisa, to chair of the NYDA".

So that's who the rabid little oxygen thief is. This idiot was on the radio on Monday night going on about about how it was alright for the bantu to have driven the khoisan off because both are black.

dlk001

Executive Member
You do realise that inkenkwe was not talking about relationships between couples? What he means is that it is the ancyl's policy that you can only belong to one political party and that you can't change.

Of cause. No youth league promiscuity! Viva :D

Zuma said "he owed no favors". Although any politician would say this, its encouraging hearing Zuma telling the youth to take initiatives despite what Malema is telling them.

Last edited:

davemc

Executive Member
"one boyfriend, one girlfriend"

Bwaaahahahahaha. Bi-sexuals are lolling themselves to sleep.

But, it is good that the pressure is being applied to the promiser of things, it's deliver time.

Flanders

Honorary Master
Haha, reminds me of when mini-me was shunned by Dr.Evil and then he alligned with Austin Powers. Maybe we'll be seeing the first signs of ZoomZoom getting annoyed with this little upstart idiot although I'd say it's statistically impossible for Austin to be Aunty Helen in this case. :D

Master Cain

Expert Member
Of cause. No youth league promiscuity! Viva :D

Zuma said "he owed no favors". Although any politician would say this, its encouraging hearing Zuma telling the youth to take initiatives despite what Malema is telling them.

It's those initiatives that we should really be afraid of.
Let's pray that those initiatives are legitimate, legal ones. LOL!

Balstrome

Banned
"Once police are paid properly, they will no longer accept (bribes)," Malema said.

Need I say it? That because they are underpaid, they can accept bribes, what an ANC manner of thinking that is.

Tassidar

Expert Member

What do you mean by sleeping around?

Sleeping around is sleeping around, and we say what we mean and mean what we say. There is no other way you can look at it...

So does that mean getting naked and having sex?

No, it means sleeping around

I wonder if his definition is the same as Floyd's.

dlk001

Executive Member
It's those initiatives that we should really be afraid of.
Let's pray that those initiatives are legitimate, legal ones. LOL!

So true! Hopefully the law will take its course if the initiatives are illegitimate.

What concerns me is leaders giving people (the youth in this instance) false hopes. The government will inevitably fail at delivering those promises and then Malema will point the fingers at government.

Last edited:

smokey

Honorary Master
Hold on, what if I'm not bisexual? Can I swap that one boyfriend for another girlfriend or is it mandatory to have a boyfriend now?

Alan

Honorary Master
LOL!!!

Um as w1z4rd would say. It works in Sweden :erm:

Redant

Um as w1z4rd would say. It works in Sweden :erm:

It will wok for me if they give me an ocean-going yacht, a nice house overlooking the sea somewhere in the Cape, One of the latest Mercs, free groceries for life, free water, electricity, TV, free petrol, beer and Medical aid.

Afterall, I too have 'yuman rites' you know.:rolleyes:

milomak

Honorary Master
i like mybb for a couple of things. one of them being missing the point:

- so Malema pushes monogamous relationships. fun is made of that.
- Malema says voters should expect from the people they voted into power (a key tenent of democracy). fun is made of that.
- He says free education for the youth. He is made fun of.
- He says the youth should expect quality jobs and pay. He is made fun of.

I am no Malema fan, but what is the message you want him to spread to be taken seriously?

TheREV

Expert Member
Er, how about the "youth" should not expect everything on a platter, and that they should work for what they want?