Malema's 'dead white man' Mugabe tribute cleared by Twitter, despite complaints

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I wish we could stop moaning about about censorship etc. and let this f***ing tsotsi say what the wants to say... completely uncensored and without a drop of constraint.

I want to hear all of it. Lay it on thick you p0eskop.
Also, and most importantly, let me then say what I think.
Then we'll descend into a sea of chaos never seen before.

RaptorSA

Expert Member
Then we'll descend into a sea of chaos never seen before.
I know people say this all the time, but from what I've seen and learned about history, chaos only gets worse when you restrict people from saying what's on their minds.
Problems simply don't go away by not allowing people to say what they feel.
It really is that simple.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I know people say this all the time, but from what I've seen and learned about history, chaos only gets worse when you restrict people from saying what's on their minds.
Problems don't go away by not allowing people to say what they feel.
It really is that simple.
That in my opinion applies to highly educated societies with little structural problems compared to what we have in SA. Look at how Hitler (yeah whatever Godwin's Law) ascended to power and turned entire country against certain ethnicities, particularly Jews.

RaptorSA

Expert Member
That in my opinion applies to highly educated societies with little structural problems compared to what we have in SA. Look at how Hitler (yeah whatever Godwin's Law) ascended to power and turned entire country against certain ethnicities, particularly Jews.
I knew you'd bring that up.
The history of the rise of Hitler and the ultimate death and destruction caused by the Nazi's is absolutely littered with "things that went unsaid".

hungrymamba

If a white man said this about a black person - the world would probably be up in arms - things would burn. I do not understand the double standards.

JustAsk

Expert Member
What's wrong with the maths? Please enlighten us. Your view should be interesting or at least funny.
Not "us", you...

He's correct, your math is wrong. It's 6.35% of the votes, not 11%. It is not all of the population that voted or can vote. Why is this needed to be explained?

Example: Eff got 1 169 259 votes(6.35%) of total valid votes = 18 402 497. That gives them 25 seats.How do we get there?
1 169 259 / 18 402 497 * 400 = 25 seats

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
What's wrong with the maths? Please enlighten us. Your view should be interesting or at least funny.
Laugh away. You can't presume to know which way a non-voter would have voted.

The facts are very clear. The election results reflect the choices of those that in fact voted. Anything else is imaginary on your part unless you can provide verified polls of non-voters to back it up.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Laugh away. You can't presume to know which way a non-voter would have voted.

The facts are very clear. The election results reflect the choices of those that in fact voted. Anything else is imaginary on your part unless you can provide verified polls of non-voters to back it up.
This is very simple to understand.

In the extreme case where 1 person voted for party XXX and nobody else voted, XXX party won and everyone else is ok with that result. So the non-voters inadvertently supported that party 100% because if they voted the result would have been different.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Not "us", you...

He's correct, your math is wrong. It's 6.35% of the votes, not 11%. It is not all of the population that voted or can vote. Why is this needed to be explained?

Example: Eff got 1 169 259 votes(6.35%) of total valid votes = 18 402 497. That gives them 25 seats.How do we get there?
1 169 259 / 18 402 497 * 400 = 25 seats
You are looking at 2014 results. In 2019 they got 44 seats out of 400 = 11%

garp

Executive Member
I have a feeling that whoever processes the abuse reports on Twitter probably just never watched the entire video. I can't see how they can respond that they could not find anything in violation of their policies to a video that includes a line like "The only white man you can trust is a dead white man" coming from a major extremist political leader like Malema. As left wing biased as they are, surely they can't be that far gone?

Does anybody have a clue how to appeal this or raise awareness with Twitter? I've reported the tweet as well, but had zero feedback a day later.

Flanders

Honorary Master
I have a feeling that whoever processes the abuse reports on Twitter probably just never watched the entire video. I can't see how they can respond that they could not find anything in violation of their policies to a video that includes a line like "The only white man you can trust is a dead white man" coming from a major extremist political leader like Malema. As left wing biased as they are, surely they can't be that far gone?

Does anybody have a clue how to appeal this or raise awareness with Twitter? I've reported the tweet as well, but had zero feedback a day later.
I believe they are that far gone. I'm not on twitter but have seen first-hand local examples of this. One example was where the white race was described by someone as a plague. The twit was responded to with something to the effect of "go jump off a cliff". Respondent banned. Reason: encouraging self-harm and suicide. Initial tweet: crickets.

Agenda made pretty obvious in this JRE podcast:

JustAsk

Expert Member
This is very simple to understand.

In the extreme case where 1 person voted for party XXX and nobody else voted, XXX party won and everyone else is ok with that result. So the non-voters inadvertently supported that party 100% because if they voted the result would have been different.
That's not true. In that case the election would be invalid. Nobody would be ok with an extreme result like that. Everybody, except one, not voting, is a firm decision. It is the voters that gives an election its legitimacy. By voting you approve of the process, you made a choice and agrees with the t&c's off that outcome.

In a perfect world, if you want to make an election invalid, the vast majority of voters, shouldn't even register to vote.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
That's not true. In that case the election would be invalid. Nobody would be ok with an extreme result like that. Everybody, except one, not voting, is a firm decision. It is the voters that gives an election its legitimacy. By voting you approve of the process, you made a choice and agrees with the t&c's off that outcome.

In a perfect world, if you want to make an election invalid, the vast majority of voters, shouldn't even register to vote.
Well that was just a scenario to make it easy to understand the logic. Of course in reality we have a certain percentage turnout and there is valid election result. If you don't vote you agree with the results because you are still part of the country and have to abide by the laws, environment, etc.

The only time a non-vote contributes towards anything material is if there is an invalid election like you mentioned.