Man, 23, dies after falling off cable car at Durban beachfront

Ninja'd

A Djinn
https://www.iol.co.za/thepost/man-23-dies-after-falling-off-cable-car-at-durban-beachfront-19236322

Durban - Police are investigating the circumstances around the death of a man who fell from a ride at the beachfront on Saturday evening.

The man, believed to be 23 years old, from Durban North had boarded the cable car at Funworld on Durban's beachfront when tragedy struck.

eThekwini Mayoral Spokesman, Mthunzi Gumede, said reports indicate that the young man on the cable car when he allegedly stood up and subsequently fell onto a moving ride on the ground.

"He was rushed to Addington hospital and passed away at around 7 pm. The matter has been handed over to the South African Police services for further investigation."

eThekwini Mayor Zandile Gumede has expressed her deepest condolences to the family.

Gordon_R

Executive Member
Do we have a Darwin Awards topic?

Would save a lot of new threads...

Cray

Honorary Master
For reference, not the safest things in the world but clearly this guy was an idiot for standing up...

Dolby

Honorary Master
I used to go on these things when I was a child.

I just didn't stand up or rock it or anything.

PsyWulf

Executive Member
Please keep all appendages and attached bits to said appendages seated inside the bucket at all times..thank you

Mila

Honorary Master
For years and years everyone has been safe.
One **** wants to show off for facebook now the ride is unsafe?

Tsk.

Lew Skannen

Expert Member
I was there having dinner at California Dreaming but missed the incident. Saw the paramedics and then a 'Cardiac Unit' in a blue ambulance arriving (First time I saw such a unit). I actually felt sorry for the guy until this part:

...he allegedly stood up...
If you do stupid things you die.