Man accused of faking heart attacks to avoid bills

mercurial

MyBB Legend
A 52-year-old Milwaukee-area man has been accused of faking heart attacks to avoid paying restaurant bills and cab fares.

Police say the Waukesha (WAWK'-uh-shaw) man took a cab to a mall Monday and pretended to have a heart attack. The cab driver left unpaid.

Authorities say the man then ran up a $23 bill when he had a steak dinner at Applebee's. He again pretended to have a heart attack.

This time the fire department took him to a hospital. A doctor there recognized the man as having pulled the same stunt in the past few weeks.

He was charged Thursday with defrauding a restaurant as a habitual criminal. He could get up to nine months in prison and a $10,000 fine.

Smart idea. Who dares to try this?

Turiko

Banned
I read in a leading expose type rag that government officials are using similar tricks to not have to pay for meals at restaurants.

killadoob

Honorary Master
well i dont know is conning your way out of a 23 dolla is msart to be honest

possible jail or 10000 dolla fine to save 400 dolla makes no sense if you ask me

MeNeZ

Expert Member
Guess he didn't think he'd get caught...

Imagine he goes back to that restaurant in a couple months and DOES have a hard attack...Wolf! Wolf! :rolleyes:

DJ...

Banned
A heart-breaking story indeed.

$23 vs $10k, hmmm. I bet the $10k figure nearly gave him a pulpitation on its own...