Man arrested after mob assaults, drowns gran suspected of witchcraft

Currantly

A man arrested in connection with a mob justice attack on an 83-year-old woman suspected of witchcraft, is expected to appear in an Eastern Cape court soon.

The alleged vigilante attack took place in Majuba Village, outside Sterkspruit, on Sunday at around 10:15.

The man cannot be identified until he has made his first court appearance.

According to police spokesperson Brigadier Tembinkosi Kinana the elderly woman was believed to be responsible for the death of a young man in the area who was buried the Saturday.

A group of men then allegedly assaulted her, held her head in a drum of water until she died and torched her rondavel.

Her 23-year-old grandchild escaped when the paraffin they poured on the grandchild's body failed to ignite.
Linky

envo

Expert Member
Wow, mentality is lagging by a few hundred years. No wonder this country is such a S-Hole
It's not lagging by a few hundred years, we just went back in time. You know, with the plague and dom people buying all the kakpapier *shrug* end of times. as long as they leave the internet up I'm fine. Can binge watch all my shows even though no new ones will find their way into the cloud... but hey, beggars can't be choosers (or, if they live in South Africa, they can be.)

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
This will actually be interesting to follow to see how it pans out for hopefully future mob justice events but I am not banking on anything positive coming from this single arrest.