Man arrested for spanking Florida police horse's backside

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Man arrested for spanking Florida police horse's backside

Police in Florida said they arrested a man who walked up behind a mounted officer and slapped his police horse on the hindquarters.

Orlando police said the officer was patrolling in the city's downtown about 2:30 a.m. on Sunday when Casey Martin Waldner, 29, approached from the rear and spanked police horse Izzy on the rump.

The officer wrote in the report of the incident that Izzy was startled and spun around.

The arrest report said the officer attempted to make contact with Waldner, who fled on foot.

"Officer Rine knew who I was talking about because he observed him run from me moments earlier," the arrest report states.

The mounted officer spoke to a patrol officer on foot when he spotted Waldner walking nearby moments later, and the second officer arrested the suspect without incident.

Waldner was booked on charges of injuring a police horse, resisting without violence and possession of cocaine. He was jailed in lieu of $1,250 bail.

Orlando police spokeswoman Michelle Guido said 13-year-old Izzy, a five-year veteran of the Orlando Police Department, did not require veterinary care after the incident.

eg2505

Honorary Master
:crylaugh:

words fail how funny this is

its like saying I spat gum next to a police officer and got arrested for heroin addiction.

are the police that bored they have to make charges up?

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
It's a service animal, you wouldn't walk up to an officer and pat his/her arse and not expect something to happen would you. He played the idiot and got busted, nothing wrong there

eg2505

Honorary Master
It's a service animal, you wouldn't walk up to an officer and pat his/her arse and not expect something to happen would you. He played the idiot and got busted, nothing wrong there
so if you pet a police dog, youll get arrested?
or even if you pet a blind person assistant dog, you should be locked up....

I just think they trumped up the charge as they found cocaine, if it was as a joke, I would let them off with a warning.

next thing will be if you look funny at a policeman, you'll get arrested?
I mean is this real life or GTA now?

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
Police in Florida said they arrested a man who walked up behind a mounted officer and slapped his police horse on the hindquarters.
Is the horse OK? I hope it is in stable condition.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
Petting a dog and hitting a horse's rear are very different though. The horse may throw it's rider from being startled or take off or kick the slappers teeth out, think that's why it exists. As for assistant animals, it's very wrong to pet them for a variety of reasons but not a criminal offense warranting locking up.