Man 'bewitched' out of R48 500

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Witbank - Four bogus witchdoctors were arrested here for allegedly defrauding a man of R48 500, said Mpumalanga police on Thursday.

He said: "It all started when the man picked up a pamphlet from a distributor in town. Among other things, it informed the readers about doctors who could help to cleanse bad luck."

Hlathi said the 48-year-old man was interested and went to consult them.

He was told his ancestors wanted him to "buy" luck by purchasing it with thousands of rands, equal to his age.

"He was told to quit his job at Eskom so that he could give his money to the doctors, who would pray to his ancestors for his luck."

More...

I'm stunned how grown up people can still believe this nonsense :eek:

LCBXX

Honorary Master
I see a lot of these pamphlets where a "herbalist" can help with bad luck, issues with woman, bring back lost lovers, make penis powerful & strong, make better life at work, chase away bad spirits, take away bewitchment on possessions, etc, etc.

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Lol, I guess one could say that. I mean, seriously now, how dumb do or desperate do you have to be to believe that nonsense :eek:

DJ...

Banned
I feel nothing for this dude - an expensive lesson learned I reckon! Although saying that, it is hard for me to call him stupid, as much as I want to - it isnt my culture and if it was then I might actually be qualified to comment on it or his thought process.

I suppose for most Christians, if you were convinced from birth that a certain group of people were actually able to speak directly to God, you too might have fallen for this trap!

Just_Ice

Executive Member
I see a lot of these pamphlets where a "herbalist" can help with bad luck, issues with woman, bring back lost lovers, make penis powerful & strong, make better life at work, chase away bad spirits, take away bewitchment on possessions, etc, etc.
You see tens of these in the CBD's near the taxi ranks! THe only difference is that the spelling is worse than yours! lol

reech

Expert Member
I can 'bewitch' it back for him... for a couple of grand of course....

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master

Yeah, had that one as well, with bad spelling.

Just chucked it away.

But laughed at the penis part :rolleyes: :D

Pixie22

Expert Member
Witch doctors = Hug salesmen in retard town

The people who believe in this sht probably only notice you have punched them in the face 5 seconds after the fact.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore

Chongo say him like that ...... Chongo want strong penis :p:D ..... Lol. :D

Buddha

and these are the type people that are working @ eskom/govt/saps etc.... and we wonder why we are in ****

sox63

Executive Member
If people cast a spell and his money disappeared, then that is bewitched. This dude was CONNED out of his cash. No bewitching here. :D

KillerX

Expert Member
When you question them about these witchdoctors and the buck skins they wear as bracelets, they get upset and always say "its my culture". But then they also want to drive an X5 and wear nice suits (which is western culture).

Its 2008, I wish people would catch a wake up. They still act as if were living in the 1500's in the wild. Some of the stories ive heard of witchdoctors is unbelievable. I dont know how people can believe this s***t.

playkiller no.2

Expert Member
Oh Doctor make me PEE PEE growwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
Help Doctor a evil sprit is making my xbox360 go RROD.

rph72

Executive Member
Read about a bank employee in CT That did the same. Used the banks money. Think if got 10 years for his trouble.

eltherza

Expert Member
Four bogus witchdoctors were arrested here for allegedly defrauding a man of R48 500

bogus witchdoctor? Do you need a license? If they were certified witch doctors would it have been legal to take all his money?

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Thats a good point, do you get non-bogus witchdoctors? Ones that can really double my money/house/woman//penis size? :eek:

LoneGunman

Expert Member
Of course the folks who put money into 'collection plates' in churches every sunday,
or who donate a tenth of their earnings to churches - are much much more sophisticated, and
have no dumb retarded beliefs in any obviously stupid superstitious supernatural rubbish, right?
:p

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Of course the folks who put money into 'collection plates' in churches every sunday,
or who donate a tenth of their earnings to churches - are much much more sophisticated, and
have no dumb retarded beliefs in any obviously stupid superstitious supernatural rubbish, right?
:p

*grin* :rolleyes:

6th sense sensing...trouble. :p