Man Dies After Paramedic Refuses to Enter Dirty Home

mercurial

MyBB Legend
An ambulance worker has been charged with misconduct in public office and perverting the course of justice after being called to the home of a dying man and refusing to enter it because it was too messy.

Karl Harris, 44, of Portslade in East Sussex, England was sent to Barry Baker's house in Brighton on Nov. 29 of last year.

The 59-year-old called for an ambulance saying he thought he was having a heart attack.

Baker, who lived alone, apparently collapsed while on the phone.

But the line to the emergency services stayed open and recorded Harris' refusal to enter the dying man's extremely messy home.

Full atory

PeterCH

Honorary Master

Pity the local guys who have to do this on a daily basis, ie enter homes which are filled with lice, cockroaches and other pests, not to mention exposure to tuberculosis and HIV/Hepatitis B as well as risks of unknown viruses from contact with immigrants from tropical Africa or through sporadic local outbreaks. You can certainly wear gloves and goggles,
but few paramedics wear the N95 certified masks required to filter out TB.

guest2013-1

Pity the local guys who have to do this on a daily basis, ie enter homes which are filled with lice, cockroaches and other pests, not to mention exposure to tuberculosis and HIV/Hepatitis B as well as risks of unknown viruses from contact with immigrants from tropical Africa or through sporadic local outbreaks. You can certainly wear gloves and goggles,
but few paramedics wear the N95 certified masks required to filter out TB.

Paramedics get into the job for a reason. To help people. Those who are in the line of work showing THAT kind of "committment" in saving lives should try and be at the receiving end of that stick...

This disgust me & my paramedic friends....

guest2013-1

Just last year an air paramedic died - there wasn a viral outbreak - later claimed the lives of two more people in SA.

There's a risk, yes. But they're out there to save lives. This can be compared to a doctor refusing to treat a patient because they're not able to pay him. Disgusting

True, by saving one you can risk your own life or the life of someone else. But who are you to play God when that time comes? Paramedics like that should go play in the kiddie pool and piss off. REAL paramedics is out to save lives

DJ...

Banned
Just last year an air paramedic died - there wasn a viral outbreak - later claimed the lives of two more people in SA.

I once heard a story of a policeman who was shot in the line of duty. I swear it's true - no jokes...