Chillwabbitt

OK so a while ago I was stupid enough to sign up with Web Africa. Last month on the 1st I cancelled my account, the confirmation went mail went to my wife's address. At no point was I asked to select a date as you have to cancel a month in advance.

I am promptly charged for a router, which when I signed up for the account stated I would only be charged if I terminated within a year. Well I got charged anyway, so they sent the courier to pick up the router on the 30th, not even the 31st! (courier arrives on the 29th...) so I decide, stuff it I'll keep the router I was charged a premium for as I have all my firewall rules etc. setup already.

Behold, I still have service this morning on the 1st, even though I called in two bloody days ago to confirm the service would be terminated the end of August! I then get told by the most arrogant accounts person that I chose to have the account terminated the end of September(I did not get an opportunity to select a date), she says to me she has access to the portal and she can select a date! That's great so it works on your machine...

Now they cannot cancel my service until the end of September, but remember I was charged for a router, they already tried to pick it up two days early, now I'm stuck with a service I don't want for another month.

Thanks for nothing losers!

PLEASE DO NOT SUPPORT Web Africa, we need that ISP to go away.

Save yourselves the pain of crap fiber connectivity and even worse customer service! All you should say is **** Web Africa!

Who else has had **** service and horror stories related to Web Africa's products and service?

Koosie

Have only had great service with them so far! Sorry for your bad experience

envo

Expert Member
chill... wabbit. life sucks even worse for others, I promise. Speak to a mana-gah.

etienne_marais

Honorary Master
Have had positive experiences with them so far as well, with good response time on ticket support. Perhaps you just had bad luck or else I was just lucky so far.

EasyUp Web Hosting

EasyUp Web Hosting
Company Rep
You have to give a months notice when cancelling. If I am not mistaken, all ISPs have this...

MightyQuin

Not amused...
Great service from WA so far. When I want to cancel an account, I contact them a week before the end of the month. I speak to an agent and tell them they must log the cancellation request. At the end of the next month, all is done. That is how you give and manage a month's calendar notice...

The drop down menu is also very obvious where you need to select the end of which month if you do it on the portal. Also you cancel and want your money back for the router, but then decide "stuff it" when they send the courier to pick it up, as you already entered the settings etc? And YOU complain?

It is ISP's that can do with clients like you, not the other way around, I think.

Chillwabbitt

You have to give a months notice when cancelling. If I am not mistaken, all ISPs have this...

Yeah I did, that... Oh well I guess one more month with them won't kill me. They just so frustrating, I'm glad so many have had a positive experience. But in my case I've just had bad experience after bad experience. There is one guy there Ricardo Tango, who is great through. Always helpful and knows his stuff.

EasyUp Web Hosting

EasyUp Web Hosting
Company Rep
Yeah I did, that... Oh well I guess one more month with them won't kill me. They just so frustrating, I'm glad so many have had a positive experience. But in my case I've just had bad experience after bad experience. There is one guy there Ricardo Tango, who is great through. Always helpful and knows his stuff.

Agreed. I was in the same boat as you, with WA. The 1st was on a saterday, so I only cancelled that next monday. Also had to wait 2 months.

WebAfrica Helper

Web Africa representative
OK so a while ago I was stupid enough to sign up with Web Africa. Last month on the 1st I cancelled my account, the confirmation went mail went to my wife's address. At no point was I asked to select a date as you have to cancel a month in advance.

I am promptly charged for a router, which when I signed up for the account stated I would only be charged if I terminated within a year. Well I got charged anyway, so they sent the courier to pick up the router on the 30th, not even the 31st! (courier arrives on the 29th...) so I decide, stuff it I'll keep the router I was charged a premium for as I have all my firewall rules etc. setup already.

Behold, I still have service this morning on the 1st, even though I called in two bloody days ago to confirm the service would be terminated the end of August! I then get told by the most arrogant accounts person that I chose to have the account terminated the end of September(I did not get an opportunity to select a date), she says to me she has access to the portal and she can select a date! That's great so it works on your machine...

Now they cannot cancel my service until the end of September, but remember I was charged for a router, they already tried to pick it up two days early, now I'm stuck with a service I don't want for another month.

Thanks for nothing losers!

PLEASE DO NOT SUPPORT Web Africa, we need that ISP to go away.

Save yourselves the pain of crap fiber connectivity and even worse customer service! All you should say is **** Web Africa!

Who else has had **** service and horror stories related to Web Africa's products and service?

Hi

Please DM your customer code - so we may support and action accordingly. Please understand that it is never the intention of any service provider to not give you the absolute best we can . Things do happen and when they do - Web Africa take full ownership , learn and apply improved best practices to ensure we are consistently growing with the service demands of our clientele.

We make no excuses and we most certainly do not pardon abysmal service - we can only ask that you allow us an opportunity to salvage your opinions of us to ensure you know why you chose us in the first place.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your DM

Thank you again