Man orders girlfriend to turn down promotion as her salary would 'humiliate' him

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Man orders girlfriend to turn down promotion as her larger salary would 'humiliate' him

Couples fight and have arguments for all sorts of mad reasons.

Sometimes your other half is genuinely completely out of line . Other times they're just breathing too loudly.

One argument which is a seriously bad sign, however, is when one person in the relationship resents the other's success.

Worryingly, this is what one woman recently witnessed first-hand between a couple at an airport.

The woman from California heard a man tell his girlfriend that she shouldn't take a work promotion as he would be "humiliated" if she earned more than him.

The man in question then allegedly told his partner there was little point in focusing on her career as when they were married with kids that she wouldn't be working anyway.

Livid, the girlfriend responded by throwing her boarding pass at him before storming off and telling him to "have a nice time in Cancun."

The onlooker continued: "SHE JUST RAGE QUIT. OMG PEOPLE CLAPPED WHEN SHE WALKED AWAY. BEST. DAY. EVER."

And she had an important message for the "airport lady."

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
And we know this story is true because some twat twatted about it?

Sinbad

Honorary Master
What an idiot. The more money my wife earns, the better.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
And here I am pushing my wife to work harder so I can become a house husband :D

envo

Expert Member
This 1950's mentality needs to stop. To think that dude is going to go forth and reproduce with someone who likes to be subservient and then perpetuate this stereotype? I'm really trying to think of reasons NOT to incite Trump and North Korea to press their buttons somehow...

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Yep, that's the goal. Or at least allow me to work less/do more fun stuff with my time.

Wouldn't mind becoming a machinist of some form.
Well - I'd basically like to go out on my own - instead of working for a company - but as the "breadwinner" - we can't do without my salary for more than a month.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Good on her...

Hell if the missus came home and told me she was offered a promotion earning more money than me I'd be over the moon...

D4N_CPT

And here I am pushing my wife to work harder so I can become a house husband :D
I am still pushing my wife for that one day when I am all grown up and can retire early on my wife's salary in luxury, also known as "house husband" myself...