Man who told PE teacher he could multiply money gets 15 years for fraud

now05ster

Expert Member
Do the N @ CA guidelines not dictate that comments should be in a separate post following the news article?

Quicks

Expert Member
Do the N @ CA guidelines not dictate that comments should be in a separate post following the news article?
Sorry if not allowed the mods may delete it. Will read up on the guidelines quickly.

Quicks

Expert Member
What your thoughts?

1. Some people deserve to be scammed?
2. What did this guy think, get rich quick scheme really?
3. Well at least he is not a teacher anymore, or at least I hope he did not get his job back.
4. Positive side is that the person was caught and is going to jail for 15 years (We can only hope this would happen to our politicians)

upup

Executive Member
What your thoughts?

3. Well at least he is not a teacher anymore, or at least I hope he did not get his job back.
4. Positive side is that the person was caught and is going to jail for 15 years (We can only hope this would happen to our politicians)
He should have tried MTI instead.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
What your thoughts?

Noone deserves to be scammed.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Ja neh. this is what you get for believing in ancestors. And then there are the scammers who use Churches and how Christian they are to assist them to scam people. The people who fall for scams endorsed by some rugby legends also suffer for the belief that a rugby player is somehow an expert on money.

Even worse, this guy must have paid a lot of tax on that pension withdrawal, so even worse off now, still young at 44, it would have grown to a nice sum if he had not been greedy.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
He is a teacher and only 44yo, I would expect this from someone who is older and illiterate.

Tokolotshe

Honorary Master
Nobody deserves to be scammed.

Sadly this is quite common locally. We are the laughing stock to the Ugandans.

Then we get surprised if people are Xenophobic. The sad reality is that a certain group are more mobile than normal honest people. Some work there butt off to get here, build something. Others get helped into the country to share an expensive apartment, yet deserving to be taken on a trip in(to) False Bay ... (maybe I'll revise my opening statement slightly).

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
The stupidity of some people is shocking.
How absolutely dense do you have to be to believe this?
To top it off he is a teacher.
No wonder this country is where it is when the people who are supposed to educate the youth still believe in money multiplying ancestors.
Lul.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
No consistency in sentences handed out in SA.
As mentioned hopefully these types of sentences will apply to COVID19 thieves or even worse but I doubt it.

R13...

Honorary Master
As mentioned hopefully these types of sentences will apply to COVID19 thieves or even worse but I doubt it.
If you want consistency then employ robots for the sentencing. Judgements and sentences are subjective.

Steal a few million and get a suspended sentence. Steal a roll on and get 5 years. This anectode based on real cases.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
The type of sentence applied to John Block, there's no reason why it wouldn't apply to the others.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
If you want consistency then employ robots for the sentencing. Judgements and sentences are subjective.

Steal a few million and get a suspended sentence. Steal a roll on and get 5 years. This anectode based on real cases.
In Hemi's mind consistency means equal sentences for everyone.