Mango ticket holders to experience "cold comforts of the concurrent creditor"

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Mayday for Mango

Mango Airlines has suspended all flights and services from Tuesday 27 July and is set to be placed under business rescue.

Acting chief executive William Ndlovu said that the suspension of flights is due to outstanding payments to Air Traffic Navigation Services (ATNS).

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
And BA & Kalula have announced they too have cancelled all scheduled flights until 31 August 2021

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
What airline is actually still flying I wonder?

cartoon of a plane overloaded | Funny Overloaded Old Airplane | Aviation  humor, Air zimbabwe, Travel humor

JohnStarr

Executive Member
You do know SA Express is in provisional liquidation until today (guess there will be some court happenings today), right?
Nope, and thanks for clearing up. It doesn't change my statement though.
Having 3 airlines servicing almost the same routes makes no sense. Get rid of Mango and keep it down to SAA & SA Express. Simpler and cheaper (hopefully!) to run.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Having 3 airlines servicing almost the same routes makes no sense. Get rid of Mango and keep it down to SAA & SA Express. Simpler and cheaper (hopefully!) to run.

SAA has stopped most local flights (just some JHB/CPT ones still?). Mango was doing the local flights. SA Express is dead. So SAA/Mango more likely than anything SA Express.

Tman*

Expert Member
Lol i was supposed to fly mango yesterday.

They gladly took my money on Monday when i booked the ticket. Rock up to airport yesterday, boarding pass still works to get into the airport, but no staff in sight

nexxus

Asking for a friend (for reals hey), could you do a chargeback on your CC to recover your money?

G.A.S

Asking for a friend (for reals hey), could you do a chargeback on your CC to recover your money?

Might be a good topic for an article?

I found a similar (old) article here.

deweyzeph

Executive Member

This seems to be the way a lot of people overseas have got their money back after being burnt by various airlines. Can't see why it shouldn't work in SA. You paid for something and never received it, exactly what a chargeback is meant to cover you for.

markings

Expert Member
If you don't receive the goods you can chargeback on your CC.
Always pay for airtickets using CC only. Then you are safe.

Grant

Honorary Master
Obtain a default judgment and attach all furniture, computers etc.

Sounds like a delicious class action lawsuit to force the govt to think a little

Leno

Expert Member
surely consumers are not creditors, did the CPA do nothing

lumeer

Expert Member
That's a wonderful headline: "cold comforts of concurrent creditors".

bromster

Executive Member
The more Airlines, the more competition, the lower the ticket prices.

Too few causes an immediate monopoly. Look at the current ticket prices as evidence of that.