Mangosuthu Buthelezi realises he's lost his magic touch

Excalibur

Expert Member
Former IFP leader Mangosuthu Buthelezi always got hostel dwellers in Johannesburg to march to his orders. However, when he walked into a packed park in Belgravia, eastern Johannesburg, little did he know that the script had changed.
"If you do not want to listen to me, I do not mind to leave. I cannot force you to listen to me," he said in a soft voice.
That did not help as a portion of the angry mob came closer to the stage to shout at him. It got so bad that he even picked on some of the individuals right in front of him.
"How can you disrespect a man of my age? It will bring you bad luck.
"You are young and have life before you. What you are doing will surely bring you a curse. God will judge you on my behalf," an angry Shenge said.
Link.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
What atrocities are you referring to?
He was partly responsible for political strife in Zululand and Natal back in the 80s and the early 90s. He also collaborated with the Nats in suppressing those seen as communists.

thechamp

Honorary Master
He was partly responsible for political strife in Zululand and Natal back in the 80s and the early 90s. He also collaborated with the Nats in suppressing those seen as communists.
Yes this @C4Cat, he never had a problem with the IFP violence and terror back in the day, even against his own King. He also had no qualms with using violence to settle his own scores, remember him barging into the SABC studio back in the day to donder some guy?

Those hostel people are partly a product of his own mentality back in the day, he is now old and probably wants to make amends before he goes.

MidnightWizard

Expert Member
Those hostel people are partly a product of his own mentality back in the day, he is now old and probably wants to make amends before he goes.
Perhaps
You could then explain WHY they listen to -- Comrade CELE ?
Does HE "whisper" the "right"words ?