Maseko grabs R1 million in Telkom shares

House

Banned
Now is the time to buy Telkom shares. Obviously he knows something we don't or will be doing something in the near future...

DJ...

Banned
Looks to me like an option fill as per ordinary remuneration packages and predetermined by REMCO...

Romito

Expert Member
Maybe he's got a turnaround strategy to maximise profits and raise the share price.

DJ...

Banned
Now is the time to buy Telkom shares. Obviously he knows something we don't or will be doing something in the near future...

Not necessarily at all. Most exco members and senior management receive options as part of their remuneration package and they must be filled by certain dates or sometimes within price ranges. This is hardly a drop in the ocean in terms of volume and the value indicates to me that this is an option fill as part of his remuneration package. Director dealings are disclosed and should indicate this but I'm nowhere near my Bloomberg terminal to check...

R13...

Honorary Master
This is what moneyweb shows,

TKG 201307120001A
Director's dealings

Telkom SA SOC LIMITED
(Incorporated in the Republic of South Africa)
(Registration number: 1991/0054776/30)
JSE CODE: TKG
ISIN CODE: ZAE000044897
("Telkom")

Director's dealings in Telkom securities

In compliance with paragraphs 3.63 to 3.74 of the Listings Requirements of JSE
Limited, the following information is disclosed.

Name: Sipho N Maseko
Designation: Group Chief Executive Officer - Executive Director
Date of transaction: 11 July 2013
Number and price of shares: 52,000 at 1904 cents per share
Nature of Transaction Purchase
Class of securities: Ordinary shares
Value of transaction: R990,080.00
Nature of Interest: Direct Beneficial

Clearance has been obtained in respect of this dealing in securities on the open market.

Johannesburg
12 July 2013

techead

Honorary Master
Nothing points to it being part of his package. Appears to be a traditional transaction... hmmm

Correction announcement: Director's dealings in Telkom securities

Telkom SA SOC LIMITED
(Incorporated in the Republic of South Africa)
(Registration number: 1991/0054776/30)
JSE CODE: TKG
ISIN CODE: ZAE000044897
("Telkom")

Correction announcement: Director's dealings in Telkom securities

Telkom shareholders are referred to a director’s dealings announcement released by Telkom at
07:05 on Friday, 12 July and are advised that the number of shares and the transaction value in the
aforementioned announcement were incorrect and have thus been corrected as follows:

In compliance with paragraphs 3.63 to 3.74 of the Listings Requirements of JSE Limited, the following
information is disclosed.

Name: Sipho N Maseko
Designation: Group Chief Executive Officer - Executive Director
Date of transaction: 11 July 2013
Number and price of shares: 52, 520
Average price per share: 1904 cents
Highest price: 1905 cents
Lowest price: 1903 cents
Nature of Transaction Purchase
Class of securities: Ordinary shares
Value of transaction: R 999 980.80
Nature of Interest: Direct Beneficial

Clearance has been obtained in respect of this dealing in securities on the open market.

Johannesburg
12-Jul-13

Sponsor
The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited

Date: 12/07/2013 11:59:00 Produced by the JSE SENS Department. The SENS service is an information dissemination service administered by the JSE Limited ('JSE').
The JSE does not, whether expressly, tacitly or implicitly, represent, warrant or in any way guarantee the truth, accuracy or completeness of
the information published on SENS. The JSE, their officers, employees and agents accept no liability for (or in respect of) any direct,
indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage of any kind or nature, howsoever arising, from the use of SENS or the use of, or reliance on,
information disseminated through SENS.

-0- Jul/12/2013 09:59 GMT

bromster

Executive Member
I'm tempted. Price is dirt cheap and I think 8ta is doing very well. They have just settled in court. Now they just need to fix the bulk of the logistical mess they have made for themselves.

DJ...

Banned
We'll see how they look once the impairment process is complete. Regardless, they are massively under priced. They could have a long run if they clean house properly and if government relinquished some control over them. The market is simply waiting for the right time to get involved. I don't think they're there yet...

Speedster

Honorary Master
It's actually quite normal for CEOs to do this. Even in struggling companies. I wouldn't necessarily read too much into it...

It might be so, and it should be so. After all, if the head honcho doesn't buy into the future of a company, then who will? Anyway, it's encouraging to see him dip into his own pocket. 1 bar is a lot of money for anyone...

Stochos

Expert Member
It might be so, and it should be so. After all, if the head honcho doesn't buy into the future of a company, then who will? Anyway, it's encouraging to see him dip into his own pocket. 1 bar is a lot of money for anyone...

Not buying that the money is coming out of his own pocket. More likely it comes from a slush fund as this makes excellent PR.
Where are the investigative journalists?

Why would anyone buy now into Telkom's flawed strategy.

They just increased prices (again) as the number of landlines has fallen consistently for the past 10 years!

Bern

Expert Member
Sheesh, talk about a slap in Pule's face. As soon as she leaves the DoC he buys shares...