Massive boiler design flaw at South Africa's biggest power stations

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Massive boiler design flaw at South Africa's biggest power stations

South Africa's two biggest coal-fired power stations, Medupi and Kusile, have a major design flaw which has forced Eskom to shut down power generation units.

According to a report by the City Press, the height of the large boilers at the power stations must be increased by 12.5m to reduce exhaust temperatures.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
I'd like to see a full audit of all the costing vs actual build at these white elephants. I bet there is huge corruption and construction issues as well as danger issues.

After all it's the anc's trademark to screw everything and everyone up.

Will heads fall, my ass because cadres protect each other no matter the crimes and they all partake in the pickings.

I wish the masses would realise the crimes and their suffering is caused by their own and not apartheid.

These fvckers should be held accountable by the poor masses in their traditional way by using firestone and 93 unleaded.

chrisc

Executive Member
A report from Singapore, where there was rampant corruption 19 years ago, showed how when the first corrupt individual was sentenced and received a lengthy jail term and actually went to prison, the corruption simply melted away, as now the message was stark and clear

This is what is desperately needed here

Vorastra

Expert Member
AA and BEE. They fired or retrenched all the educated and qualified engineers.
What did anyone expect would happen?
The GVT have destroyed anything that ever worked
Both power stations were designed by American companies. The same American companies are also overseeing construction.

bromster

Expert Member
This has been known for years since they built it. They've just been trying to hide the fact that it will cost hundreds of billions to correct.

Same twits that bought trains that don't fit on our tracks.

MidnightWizard

Executive Member
Both power stations were designed by American companies. The same American companies are also overseeing construction.
Please substantiate
Far as I know the whole shebang was run by -- ANC cadres !

South African power / electrical engineers ALREADY told the -- ANC "contractors" long time passing before these monstrosities were ever built that their design plans were flawed