• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Massive changes to Telkom LIT prices and bundles

DXL

These prices will kill Telkom

LIT is dead when these prices kick in.

Now rains R5 a gig is looking good.

Speedster

Executive Member

R50 a gig...

Also, do you have a better suggestion for someone streaming more than 10GB of video a month?

cavedog

Honorary Master

These prices has already been implemented and the old ones are gone.

I don't understand Telkom's thinking behind this. The 25GB streaming only bundle is R350. With FreeMe 5GB boost bundle which cost R305 you get. 5GB all net, 25gb streaming, 10gb music, 300 telkom sms/min, 500gb whatsapp data and then if you are on Telkom more price plan if you recharged with R305 you have R305 free airtime available for 7 days to call other networks. What possible reason would you have to even consider the streaming only bundles EVEN if you want to use it in a router because you can also just buy the FreeMe and use it in a router still cheaper.

Does not make sense.

Rain is a very good option for R250 but if you are using it on your mobile Telkom Freeme boost is still king especially the sweet spot of R305 for 5GB. Telkom Mo Nice deals to stretch the data a bit.

It looks like they will soon strip prepaid FreeMe bundles of free LIT Music & Video data. Their website no longer reflects LIT Music & Video allocated to prepaid FreeMe packages.

If this occurs I will hop over to RAIN in a flash.

mmmig

Executive Member
I hope this is happening because FreeMe is netting more revenue for them than these bundles. So they want to focus more on FreeMe.... I hope :(

cavedog

Honorary Master
Ah I see they've dropped lit from prepaid. Bummer
Not according to the USSD menu...

Screenshot_20180924-103558_Phone.jpg

Also the LIT Bundles now include Netflix ZA streaming again... FreeMe guys can now use their lit streaming allocations on network too.

Last edited: