Massive cuts to minister perks in South Africa – including no cars over R700,000

Swa

Honorary Master
R60k? That's R5k a month. You get unlimited call contracts for under R1k.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
The pinker haven't listened oor obeyed in the past and still won't.

I mean a flashy car is the first thing they want out the trof.

dgcarter

I sure wish I could find a job that gave me the same perks these crooks get.
I can not think of one single reason they should be allowed anything more than a basic salary and a cellphone allowance. Reduced benefits or not, they're basically still living for free.
The ministers, of all people, should be given the perspective of life that we all have to deal with in they economy they have so easily destroyed. It's a fools paradise.

Lupus

Honorary Master
In fact with the latest load shedding, there should be no benefits besides medical aid, provident fund. Everything else cover yourself, you lazy gits.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I don't know why they can't all get the same standard-issue cars?

OR even better just a static allowance and self-ownership. None of this kak of government buying it for you.

You get an allowance and you buy what you want with it.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Private use? As in they can just fly around whenever they like for non-government business? This should be 0 tickets per year. They earn a salary, let them use that to buy their own tickets for private travel.
This I don't mind really because like any business you work for you get some perks or discounts from that business.

Since this "business" owns the airline it makes some sense.

That the airline is falling apart is a separate issue.

20 is still stupidly high though it's more than one a month.

Isn't R5k a bit much for electricity and water? It does not sound like they are being very environmentally (or Eskom) friendly if they are paying that much for just electricity and water (ie. not rates and taxes).
Relative to their salary and the type of housing and lifestyle it allows not really.

However much like the air tickets this should be a non-cost with money handed over and simply a discount off their bill/prepaid from Eskom...I don't know if that is the case and suspect it's money going in their pocket which it shouldn't be.

Mystic Twilight

Expert Member
Interesting moves...

There will be much unhappiness at the R700k limit. It means borderline that a 3 series is as posh as they can get now..

No more big boy cars.
That doesn't seem to include renting, so the loophole is to permanently rent a nice vehicle. I seem to remember someone from government recently did the whole rent thing because they faked their own vehicle as being broken?

Excalibur

Expert Member
Yeah it's fantastic to have to quote "austerity" measures to FORCE you to live like an ordinary citizen in the first place eh you moronic trough feeding imbecile!
He was actually complaining based on similar posts I saw from him poking fun at these small cars.

neoprema

Expert Member
But But.. how will they serve our country by taking their families shopping to Sandton in a Range Rover now?!

Oh the horrors!

Moosedrool

Executive Member
"Members and their partners must travel in economy class for all official domestic travel as well as international travel where the travel time is less than two hours"

Not even US Government allows business class unless exceptional circumstances.
They can't fit their fat asses in economy class seats for more than 2 hours.

Last edited:

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
He was actually complaining based on similar posts I saw from him poking fun at these small cars.
I would love to poke him with a fiery *oink oink* brand every day on a different part of his body until he changes his mentality

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Free in the sense that the taxpayer gets to pick up the tab.
What they should implement is a "jump seat" arrangement like they do with pilots.

There is no need for an actual cost to exist to anyone. The plane will fly regardless.

It shouldn't be forwarded to the tax payer, as it's an "internal" benefit.