Massive growth for Telkom Mobile

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
Staff member
Massive growth for Telkom Mobile

Telkom has published its financial results for the year ended 31 March 2018, showing impressive growth across its mobile division.

The number of subscribers on Telkom Mobile increased by 30.2% over the past year, with the company now reporting an active mobile subscriber count of 5.2 million.

cpu.

Expert Member
The Mtn roaming on an already great product makes it even better.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
Flawless experience with mobile and fibre.

Unlimited free call to other Telkom numbers means my wife and teenager are always able to reach me, LIT = free Google Play Music all damn day long and that's just the cherry on top of an already solid offering. Migrated from Vodacom, feel nothing but shame for all of the money I wasted at Vodacom, so overpriced.

I have had zero issues on Telkom fibre.

Since signing up all our phones and switching to Telkom fibre I literally never even think about airtime or bandwidth - that is the ultimate goal fr me personally.

It will always feel weird to praise Telkom but here we are.

DXL

Expert Member
Lots of Room for improvement to Put MTN & Vodacom to sleep like a baby.

LIT Video of 50Gig + they can add 10 Gigs of Internet Data.

Prepaid LTE Package of 30 gigs for R249 will sell well.

Prepaid LTE Telkom Network Data 50 Gigs for R249 will sell even Better.

Its high time they start sweating the network a little and improve capacity where there is demand.

Their Call rates bundles are fantastic so they can improve where there is demand.

Telkom must keep up the pressure if they want to see the 10 Million subscriber Target.

It is achievable.

cavedog

Honorary Master
If Telkom has a data revenue of R3.7 billion and I would imagine a big portion of it is actually profit too what kind of revenue does MTN and Vodacom make.

access

Honorary Master
The Mtn roaming on an already great product makes it even better.
never bothered checking into this.

so you enable the roaming setting on the b315 router for example if your using telkom mobile then it makes things better at no additional cost?

or does it happen automatically

cavedog

Honorary Master
never bothered checking into this.

so you enable the roaming setting on the b315 router for example if your using telkom mobile then it makes things better at no additional cost?

or does it happen automatically
MTN roaming is only available on their once off data bundles and freeme packages. Those are basically aimed at mobile devices. Fixed LTE options like Smartbroadband wireless and Telkom Internet data simcards are strictly for Telkom Mobile network only. You can still access roaming but will be redirected to the OOB page which you can use to buy a once off bundle at steep but still affordable price and use while roaming.

This applies to both prepaid and contract.

access

Honorary Master
MTN roaming is only available on their once off data bundles and freeme packages. Those are basically aimed at mobile devices. Fixed LTE options like Smartbroadband wireless and Telkom Internet data simcards are strictly for Telkom Mobile network only. You can still access roaming but will be redirected to the OOB page which you can use to buy a once off bundle at steep but still affordable price and use while roaming.

This applies to both prepaid and contract.
so.. does it need to be enabled on the device or is it automatic.

know someone with a prepaid sim in a b315 with poor/average signal using freeme bundles.. wondering if it would improve things a bit