Massive petrol price hikes, more taxes, and ratings downgrade – South Africans beware

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator

Eniigma

Expert Member
B,b,but i thought Squirrel was going to look into the petrol price and bring it down for everybody....

Pitbull

Verboten
Had to click the link just to get the price...

Roodt said that a big fuel price increase in combination with government levies that come into effect in April could see petrol going up by R1.20 per litre.

neoprema

Expert Member
Let's not be too negative, the UK can't even decide which continent to be a part of and either way their people will land up getting shafted somehow whichever way it goes. The US inflation just shot up and so forth.

Yes its bad for us but before everyone starts packing their suitcase for Australia...

flippakitten

Expert Member
Let's not be too negative, the UK can't even decide which continent to be a part of and either way their people will land up getting shafted somehow whichever way it goes. The US inflation just shot up and so forth.

Yes its bad for us but before everyone starts packing their suitcase for Australia...
Too late, a lot of South Africa's educated middle to affluent class are a leaving or have already left, taking with them their experience and positively contributing to other economies where they are valued.

It's not white people leaving, it's everyone that can and wants to. The latest round of ANC shooting SA in the foot is just more reason to leave, maybe it's the deal breaker for some.

The latest SAHRC ruling is a more compelling argument for packing your bags for Australia.

Zukat

Thank you for that friend. I can now see US and UK problems are much bigger than ours here, so have nothing to worry about just to sit back and enjoy the loadshedding in hopes no one breaks in.

neoprema

Expert Member
Thank you for that friend. I can now see US and UK problems are much bigger than ours here, so have nothing to worry about just to sit back and enjoy the loadshedding in hopes no one breaks in.
Lol, if it comes down to comparing size I think Venezuela is winning :)

My point is the grass is not greener anywhere else, its just different shades. If you're happy with a different shade go for it!

Swa

Honorary Master
Lol, if it comes down to comparing size I think Venezuela is winning :)

My point is the grass is not greener anywhere else, its just different shades. If you're happy with a different shade go for it!
It's not a different shade, it's fake.

sometimes-the-grass-is-greener-on-the-other-side-because-2971247.png

Reactions: XTM