Massive rock barrages fired by Alien terrorists from the Asteroid Belt at Earth

biometrics

Honorary Master
The usual ME nonsense made me wonder...

If the same happened on a planetary scale, would we fight among ourselves or would we pull together?

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
Should just drop a massive black hole on the entire lot and wipe them off the face of the hologram. Those two have been at it since the big bang...... will never stop fighting...

:unsure:

zophas

If the same happened on a planetary scale, would we fight among ourselves or would we pull together?
We would start arguing about how best to defend Earth but we would then get wiped out before we reach any conclusion. I just hope they don't kill all the animals.

Okty

I'll bite.

I guess id depends on the frequency and scale of destruction. But the biggest drive to work together will be what nations/continents are affected. For instance, if majority of barrages landed in Africa, doubt other nations would be slow to react to form a coalition. Most big nations would probably try and devise their own protection systems.

On the other hand, if North America, Europe, Russia and china all got bombarded, you would definitely see a quick alliance form to help protect earth further from menace.

eg2505

Honorary Master
starship troopers anybody?

ring any bells? as exactly that happened, aliens decided to move asteroids and get them to crash into earth.
and humanity decided to get rid of "unlimited democracies" and change the way democracy works,

johncgalloway

I'd like to think we'd pull together, but we'd probably only do that at the 11th hour.

Anyway, a species capable of crossing light years with the intent of attacking us, while we are busy down here bemoaning the last iPhone launch, keeping social media receipts and hanging over cliffs for IG likes... would more than likely enslave us (best scenario) or wipe us out before we could even consider any kind of meaningful response.

Sure we can irradiate the planet, but since we do not have any ANY real presence in space, we'd be screwed ten times over.

crocopede

There would be no fight. First and foremost it would go against the universal treaty to not interfere with primitive life. Also, it would damage their revenue stream of school trips to one of the many zoos in our quadrant.

Perhaps some naughty kids might decide to pull a rock into a collision course with us, but if their parents find out, not to mention to governing bodies there will be jail time. And their jail time is much worse than ours considering their life spans are 200x + longer.