Matrics will have to rewrite leaked maths and science exams

Kola_CT

Expert Member
Really folks, so kids who studied hard, stressed, worked and wrote their exams with the intent of it being over, are now forced to rewrite because some selfish, useless oxygen thieves choose to try cheat at life? Sure, they'll probably be alright but it's s crap deal.

Yes it is, but they will be OK.

What else do you suggest?

Kola_CT

Expert Member
Or you can see it as the best year ever. 5% free mark increase. Long holidays. Free test exam of the two hardest subjects.

Not sure if you are being serious or sarcastic.

In parallel to the poor matrics, lots of university students had to complete their year, write their finals, all remotely, no free passes or concessions, and they are all OK, those who worked passed, those who did not failed.

Kola_CT

Expert Member
Sigh, nothing... Just feel bad for them.

Why, they had a lesson in real life, a year earlier than normal.

There are ‘oxygen thieves’ everywhere, we are governed (which should be served) by a lot of them.
That is real life, for the rest of their lives.

They will really be OK.

Some years back, a year older than them, some of us trained, commanded and led just out of matric kids into battle, in fact I led Unita troops with an average age of 15 into battle as a 19 year old and many died.

They will be fine, the fact that a matric certificate is worth fukk all is more of an issue.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Really folks, so kids who studied hard, stressed, worked and wrote their exams with the intent of it being over, are now forced to rewrite because some selfish, useless oxygen thieves choose to try cheat at life? Sure, they'll probably be alright but it's s crap deal.
Totally agree it is a crap deal. Im not poking fun at the kids that studied hard and now have to rewrite. But there is a life lesson in this. When I was in army at 19yrs old same thing applied, 1 mofo ****s up all 200 peeps take it on, the same happens in workplace, right now for me we have enjoyed working only every 2nd week due to Covid but a few days ago one mofo ****ed it up and now we all have to suffer by all working again 5 days a week.

So yeah, it is not nice for kids, but for them it is a wake up to the real world of what is out there ;)

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Back when I was in school there was a paper that leaked, can't remember which subject or whether it was the trials or actual finals but back then I think the papers where regional. we didn't have whatsapp back then, but now that I think about it only year before Mxit came on the scene. Fark technology especially mobile technology changed so fast back then

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
There are Art students who write a theory paper(LOTS of writing) in the morning! So they would be tired by the time they get to the afternoon Maths paper! Maths is an important subject, and like the physics paper - Maths should be on it's OWN day! - even better if on on the morning of the - 16th(I know it's a holiday - but would be better than prejudicing the art students)!
Yeah, that's bad. It sounds a lot like normal 8 hours of coding. Perhaps I should start asking for separate days

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
Ja dis vreeslik.

Amper so erg soos om iemand wat saam op n projek gewerk het; se dele ook nog moet oor doen + due dates haal.

Imagine if the real world never tossed you curve balls and it's all saferooms from matric onwards

Exam stressss

DreamKing

Honorary Master
not fair,the leaked paper we paid once already and we have to pay again for the new one?

we are broke......

:p

AdrianH

Expert Member
Yeah, that's bad. It sounds a lot like normal 8 hours of coding. Perhaps I should start asking for separate days
Especially when I have to meet with business in the mornings, they wear me down man.

raind33r

Expert Member
Just heard from someone in the Edu dept.
Court overturned decision to rewrite, repeat no rewrite!

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...

Well I as an employer will always have the question of whether the result I am seeing is genuine, or whether the person had sight of the paper before and was able to boost their final result due to it.

raind33r

Expert Member
Nahh, unfair to apply this countrywide. Then only that province should rewrite. Yes I know they say it was whatsapped, I call BS.
My kid is in Matric in WCAPE and none of his mates saw anything like that.
These kids have been through enough this year already. Besides they are already in holiday mode, forget about getting any of them to study now.