Mbeki slams SA 'killing fields

icyrus

Executive Member
What he says and what he does are completely different things. Have a look at telecoms...

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Is he moaning about the killing fields? He should leave the country so everyone can go on with their "work"! :p

kilo39

Executive Member
Well it took him awhile - but he finally said something - makes me all mushy. I really wish we could sort this stuff out: Manto and Ivy should be next - then Irwin and all the other liars.

"I am talking here of the people who have, since the advent of democracy, committed murder to advance their social and political goals.

"I am talking of those who are throwing people off moving trains and assassinating workers in the private security sector," Mbeki said to applause.
-
"Similarly, nobody serving within the machinery of state would be allowed to abuse his or her position of power to subvert or undermine the democratic order, either through acts or omissions," Mbeki said.

Guilty as charged - fire them immediately - and while you're about it build 2 million homes, a few thousand miles of road and lay some cable.

And - Safety and Security Minister Charles Nqakula should receive a reprimand - just before you next jet off to Brussels.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I wish we could send the president e-mails or whatever that we know he would sometimes read...

bb_matt

Executive Member
Erm, if you think he's talking about the terrible crime wave in SA, think again.

He's talking about people who are on strike...

This is really very worrying, as his words aim at the heart of democracy, the right to protest.

This man is completely out of touch with grassroots - he sees striking security guards and the anarchy they are causing, yet doesn't address the crime problems that SA is facing.

The security guards are the front line fighters against violent crime, they are striking because they get paid peanuts for very dangerous work.

Read between those lines - it's pretty scary.

Instead of Mbeki admitting that crime in SA is out of control, he would rather pick on those who would express discontent about the current status quo.

NOT GOOD.

I think this latest "gem" from Mbeki is disturbing, to say the least...

kilo39

Executive Member
Interesting and true bb matt - I read it simply as a statement against violence - he mentions 'people who have committed murder' - not simple protesting (and in that I must agree.)

"Similarly, nobody serving within the machinery of state would be allowed to abuse his or her position of power to subvert or undermine the democratic order, either through acts or omissions," Mbeki said.

I read this as - ineptitude, corruption - could as easily be abuse of state powers; spook services.

I don't see it as an attack on democracy - simply - violent action is unacceptable.

nocilah

Banned
do you honestly think the goverment gives a **** about telecoms when 3/4 of our population dont have decent facilities?

it will take alot more then telecoms to fix the problems of this country, and the scary thing is nothing seems to be done about, cuz i say fak the communication prices lets first look at bread and milk prices.