Mboweni ‘not oblivious’ to South Africa’s shrinking tax base, as emigration numbers rise

porchrat

Honorary Master
This is why economic power needs to be placed in the hands of Africans, not those that have backup European passports.
I dunno man. The guys with European passports seem to be doing better than us when it comes to providing enough electricity for their countries, vaccinating everyone and not stealing all the tax money.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
This is why economic power needs to be placed in the hands of Africans, not those that have backup European passports.

Ok honest question, could you define what this 'economic power' you refer to is when referencing Tito Mboweni's budget is and the tax base shrinking, and how placing it in the hands of Africans will solve the actual problem?

(For clarity, I am not making any statement on where economic power actually lies, merely trying to ascertain how this handing over of "economic power" will supposedly solve the problem at hand)

R13...

Honorary Master
He has a point though. People who join the chicken run at the slightest sign of trouble aren't the sort you anchor growth and sustainability on. Some of the young ones are being raised to get educated and get the **** out at the first opportunity too. Can't always blame people given the ANC is intent on going down the path of least growth and max destruction just for short term electoral gain. He's wrong that it'll be just Africans who should control the economy.

There are mercenaries amongst those Africans and also some of the ones getting the economy are mercenaries only intent on looting. Well at least the way the ANC have gone about industrialisation. Zuma's black industrialist fund seems to have disappeared into "loans" the recipients don't have to pay back.

Nqindi

Expert Member
Ok honest question, could you define what this 'economic power' you refer to is when referencing Tito Mboweni's budget is and the tax base shrinking, and how placing it in the hands of Africans will solve the actual problem?

(For clarity, I am not making any statement on where economic power actually lies, merely trying to ascertain how this handing over of "economic power" will supposedly solve the problem at hand)
Africans are more loyal to Africa. We are not going to leave because the economic outlook is not rosy anymore. Our roots are here.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
He has a point though. People who join the chicken run at the slightest sign of trouble aren't the sort you anchor growth and sustainability on. Some of the young ones are being raised to get educated and get the **** out at the first opportunity too. Can't always blame people given the ANC is intent on going down the path of least growth and max destruction just for short term electoral gain. He's wrong that it'll be just Africans who should control the economy.

There are mercenaries amongst those Africans and also some of the ones getting the economy are mercenaries only intent on looting. Well at least the way the ANC have gone about industrialisation. Zuma's black industrialist fund seems to have disappeared into "loans" the recipients don't have to pay back.
"Join the chicken run"? Seriously?
Slightest sign of trouble? Seriously?

ProfA

Honorary Master
not oblivious, yet cannot say " hey comrades, we are plundering too much. cut it out so there is something left to plunder for our children" :rolleyes:

Paul Kemp

Nqindi

Expert Member

:p
I thought you were one of the clever ones amongst his bunch, alas. You should learn to read a statement in its context.

When faced with hunger anyone would leave including Africans, my comment was directed at those that are leaving because of the prospect that their portfolios do not grow as much as before.